Wanted 12/73 Manifold Studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i pulled the manifolds and managed to break one of the studs off. I was however able to remove the rest of the stud from the head. I believe these are the stepped studs - the size entering the block is thicker than the end receiving the nut. Does anyone know where I can source these, or what is the suitable thread and pitch? I've read M10 or m12 x 1.25

i pulled the manifolds and managed to break one of the studs off. I was however able to remove the rest of the stud from the head. I believe these are the stepped studs - the size entering the block is thicker than the end receiving the nut. Does anyone know where I can source these, or what is the suitable thread and pitch? I've read M10 or m12 x 1.25

How many studs do u need ? a whole set

i sent u a PM

DSCN8556.JPG

Last edited:
I will have to check stock and current pricing tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I have those on the shelf. My last list on the stepped studs is $3.00 each.

My 2F is M12.
Doesn't a proper length bolt make disassembly / reassembly easier if you swap it out for all but the two studs in the middle? Those manifolds rarely line up perfectly.

My 2F is M12.
Those manifolds rarely line up perfectly.

All the more reason to use studs instead of bolts: much less chance of cross threading into the cylinder head.

Stepped studs.

If you don't get the OE from Mark (65swb45) SOR sells a repop.

I didn't know about these things either until Mark pointed it out to me when I bought a late F1.5 head from him.

Long NLA from Toyota. I checked.

EDIT - Discontinued at SOR :cry:

Or...could I use the other studs? I check tolerance of the wide part and it didn't seem to feet between the manifold assembly.

Nope. I remembered to check the shelf. Mine are gone too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom