‘11 GX460 2nd row removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tonight I removed the second row seats.

I preferred removing the second row for more space than the third row. I rarely haul people and the third row section is already nice and flat folded down. Head room is a little tight for people who do jump back ther but they will have massive leg room.

Removed bolts, unplugged seat heat and airbags, removed seats out the back, stuck 2.2 ohm resistors directly into the vehicle side airbag plug, put a piece of electrical tape over the plug to keep the diode from backing out and tucked them under the carpet. Started her up. No airbag light :cool:

To level out the area I made a quick platform out of 2’x4’ plywood and a few sections of 2x6. Putting 2x6 pieces into a T makes it almost level with the lower sections preventing the playform from gouging the back of the front seats. Also gives you a little storage under the platform in the footwells.
Will do something more permanent if I like the set up. Dogs are happy with the extra space.

FADE344F-621F-40D8-BD72-6C7059CCDA71.jpeg

A5D01B9C-5596-4CCC-BB00-05595B177090.jpeg

88B13366-E012-4B4D-A7DC-054608CF5A1E.jpeg

Sorry, no idea why the photos posted upside down and sideways

Last edited:
Looks like a limo back there!

It’s huge without the 2nd row, wish the 2nd row tumbled flat like my 3rd gen 4Runner.

Will probably end up making a platform even with the third row to allow sleeping inside.

bringing this back as I'm wanting to do this soon. Did you disconnect the battery before disconnecting the cable plugs that power the airbags? I know it'd be safer to do that but if I don't have to I'd rather just leave the battery connected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom