$11.99 Upgrade Definitely Worth It! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I just put this on. I need to look at it more closely in the morning, but the wiper blade doesn't seem to be setting firmly against the rear windshield. I'm pretty sure I've got the arm seated all the way down on the bolt. There looks to be two rubber gaskets around the bolt. Perhaps the top one needs to come off to get the arm seated down further on the bolt?

Installed mine. Don't expect it to last more than a couple trips through the car wash. Definitely cheap plastic crap, the flimsy cover for the bolt will be gone first. But it was only $12....

Cheapskates of the world, unite!

The wiper arm has two stops molded into the hinge section that limit its travel to 90 degrees which is not enough to work with the Land Cruiser rear window (The original application is for a Hyundai i20). I used a dremel to remove material from the two stop sections so it has a greater range of travel. It works pretty well now.

About a year ago my oem was bent at the car wash and I got this one to replace it. Aesthetically it was very nice, however, when it came down to wiping it just didn’t have the same contact strength.(didn’t wipe anything but 1/4 of the blade at the bottom) I ended up spending an additional $60 to go back to OEM - now it’s back to normal.

About a year ago my oem was bent at the car wash and I got this one to replace it. Aesthetically it was very nice, however, when it came down to wiping it just didn’t have the same contact strength.(didn’t wipe anything but 1/4 of the blade at the bottom) I ended up spending an additional $60 to go back to OEM - now it’s back to normal.

The spring in this thing is really wimpy compared to the OEM spring.

I haven't run my rear wiper once since I got my Cruiser three years ago. I just bought it because the old one looked crappy. :)

just did this, turned out good,

Before

IMG_20190722_131555009_HDR.jpg

After

IMG_20190722_131837620.jpg

Be sure and grind down these tabs to get more pressure o the window.

IMG_20190722_131516853.1.jpg

Proper tool, be sure and spray with PB blaster a day or 2 prior to trying to remove it.

IMG_20190722_132108530.jpg

I ordered one and put it on. Problem was the top of the wiper would not contact the glass at the top. Took it off and put the old one back on. I also ground down those spots shown in the picture above. Still no contact to the glass towards the top of the hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom