100 Sound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2002 non-nav is very down in the radio. Sub in back is shot, rears also. Probably needs new everything. Where in Birmingham to go?

Thanks,

You can also replace the speakers - I did and ordered from Sonic and installed. There are some great threads in the 100 section on it. If I was non-nav I'd swap out head units. As to local shop I have no idea on that.

I dont know who installed it but I love my Kenwood stereo . In High school sounds great on Lorna/hwy 31 in hoover was always knowledgeable and fair. I have a friend of a friend who owns it now. I still hear good things. Let me know if you want a point of contact.

Radios are simple to install in a non-nav 100. Just pop the center bezel off and move the brackets from the stock radio to the aftermarket radio. It takes longer to run a rear camera wire than the rest of the install. There are two different wiring harnesses, one to keep the factory amp and one to use the aftermarket HU's amp.

I WOULD NOT recommend going to Rickwood. I was less than impressed with the alarm installation on my truck.

I solved this equation this week. I can recommend Sounds Great in Hoover. Rick and Emmitt are nice guys to deal with. New Kenwood and subwoofer. The door speakers were fine.

I guess I was lucky to have the single sub in the back instead of the double? Apparently the double is a hard-fit. This one dropped right in:

Getting an Aux cable and hooking up the SiriusXM tuner in the other one. Having sound is great. You don't hear the rattles, wind, cv boots clicking, etc.

I solved this equation this week. I can recommend Sounds Great in Hoover. Rick and Emmitt are nice guys to deal with. New Kenwood and subwoofer. The door speakers were fine.
View attachment 1905424

I guess I was lucky to have the single sub in the back instead of the double? Apparently the double is a hard-fit. This one dropped right in:
View attachment 1905429

Getting an Aux cable and hooking up the SiriusXM tuner in the other one. Having sound is great. You don't hear the rattles, wind, cv boots clicking, etc.
boo, that sub sounded good last night when you were blasting 2livecrew with all the windows down. Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom