100-Series Windshield Expert in SoCal? (Another Wind-Noise Sufferer) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just had my cracked windshield replaced by Alfredo in Temescal Valley. The previous windshield replacement was a total hack job with lots of wind noise and leaks. Alfredo pointed out all the problems with the previous install, replaced the glass and trim with OEM Lexus, and let me watch while he worked. I highly recommend him.

Tip-Top Auto and Body in Upland, CA. Ask for Jay the owner, $300 out the door back in February 2021, used OEM Toyota glass check for rust also found that PO replacement windshield used screws instead of rivets and they replaced it to factory spec with rivets and replaced and installed oem windshield weather stripping.
I got my windshield replaced with OEM glass stamped Toyota with a made in japan sticker on it. My Ins. Co. Finagled the best deal from the dealers installer @ $1650. including all weatherstripping and install. Sorry bro, your story sounds like fiction.

Just to tie up the loose end here, I finally had a chance to take my truck to Alfredo in Corona, as recommended, and he was outstanding. Clearly cares about doing a great job. He was able to save the nearly new Toyota glass and moldings and simply reinstall them properly, which took basically an entire morning and cost $450. The whistling is gone, and all I've got now is the normal buffeting you'd expect from a high-profile SUV. If you're reading this with the same level of despair I expressed in my first post, just go see Alfredo. He'll cure what ails you.

I saved this YouTube video awhile back. Alfredo’s Auto glass in Corona. Guy definitely does a thorough job and understands the complexities and importance of a job well done on our vehicles! I haven’t had to use his services yet but when I do I will give him a call.

I heartily recommend Alfredo, near Corona. Knows his stuff, did a proper job, cleaned up the rust, used the correct rivets for the trim, and the noise is much better.

Just had my cracked windshield replaced by Alfredo in Temescal Valley. The previous windshield replacement was a total hack job with lots of wind noise and leaks. Alfredo pointed out all the problems with the previous install, replaced the glass and trim with OEM Lexus, and let me watch while he worked. I highly recommend him.
How much did he charge? Im going to be visiting him soon.

Sorry, I don't remember what the cash price would have been. My insurance covered it for a $250 deductible.

I wish Alfredo had a cousin in OKC!!

Another feather in the cap for Alfredo at Alfredos Auto Glass in Temescal Valley, CA. He replaced my front window last week. I did not go through insurance, I brought in all OEM parts. He was amazing, encouraging me to come back and watch his work anytime. He called me back to show me several things throughout the process. He showed me how my original window was installed way too far over to the driver side. Araco build too.... Alfredo has great attention to detail and pride in his work.

Another feather in the cap for Alfredo at Alfredos Auto Glass in Temescal Valley, CA. He replaced my front window last week. I did not go through insurance, I brought in all OEM parts. He was amazing, encouraging me to come back and watch his work anytime. He called me back to show me several things throughout the process. He showed me how my original window was installed way too far over to the driver side. Araco build too.... Alfredo has great attention to detail and pride in his work.

Thanks for another review, I have him bookmarked for whenever I need this. Did you buy all the moldings/rivets/etc then buy the OEM glass from him? How was his availability? How long did the install take?

I purchased OEM window and all new gaskets and rivets from dealer unfortunately (lots of $). But, if you are going to do it, do it right. Window was pitted from sandstorm, insurance won't replace for that. Not to mention the fight over the OEM parts on a 23 y/o car. Alfredo's labor was very reasonable. A bargain if you don't have to do it again.

I'm seriously considering a road trip from OKC to have him do mine!!

To answer the questions: I made an appointment about 3 weeks prior because I wanted a certain day. The install took 3 1/2 hrs. Probably an extra 40 min due to someone putting threadlocker on the rear view mirror screw. Other than that, no rust to treat. That would have surprised me since this vehicle gets garaged almost every night.

Alfredo is the best.

I’m sure I’ve also already said this, but I would 💯 percent drive to Alfredo’s from anywhere in So Cal. In fact, I did!
I did too:cool:

Alfredo is getting a lot of WELL DESERVED airtime. Here’s more info based on my experience and conversation with him.

He does all the work himself with just his college age son providing extra hands.

He is appointment only in order to have sufficient time. He is at the point where he can pick his jobs and he schedules about 1 LC/LX per week.

His assistant (wife?) handles the insurance claim and knows what to tell them. Great communication from her to keep me posted.

He is adamant about using only OEM rivets and moldings from the dealer. He does offer an aftermarket windshield which he spoke very highly of.

He is happy to let you watch him work and will point out what he’s doing. I see that as a sign of being a master of his craft.

He provides a loaner car and the area is beautiful. Seems like there could be some nice hikes nearby. I drove from an hour away and made it a mini get away.

He’s a car guy who does a lot of work on his own cars. He gets that we are obsessed with these trucks!

He is a rare breed… quality work over profit. And on top of that, just a really mellow and kind human being.

Hope that helps. Don’t hesitate to use him! Hopefully he’ll be around for awhile. Even though it’s a bit of a drive for me I may even use him for other cars as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom