100 Series Replacement?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by uzj100, Dec 2, 2003.

1. uzj100

uzj100

The last I heard was the 100 was going away and that Yota was going have the Sequioa as the top Toyota and that Lexus was going to build a Escamalade fighter on the sequioa platform?

The LC would come back as a much cheaper vehicle and go back to its roots.

Any new rumors out there?

Just curious :cheers:

2. alaskacruiser

alaskacruiser

uzj100- where did you hear this info?

3. uzj100

uzj100

I searched the web for about a week one time about 10 months ago and read this on a bunch of different chat boards. I am not buying anything but really just want to know what is going to happen to the Cruiser. I do not buy new so it is just a curiosity of mine.

It would be great to get a lower priced REAL Land Cruiser wagon but I am afraid all suv/off road vehicles are going soft and that just sucks. IFS/IRS, traction control, leather, etc.

I am sticking with the 100 series (if my wife does not take it away from me). I will purchase an 80 series if my wife takes the 100.

Just very interested,

uzj100

ps - also want to see if toyota/lexus will offer a rebadged sequioa as a lexus vx550 and if it can be as good as the current lx470.

4. chriscruiser

chriscruiser

I wouldn't think Toyota would stop production on a vehicle it has been making for a very long time. Also, if you go to Toyota's site and look under "future vehicles" you'll see the next gen Landcruiser.

5. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

Here's the link to Toyota's future vehicle section: http://129.33.47.206/vehicles/future/
    There may be some truth to what he's saying...the section on the future of the FJ series talks about a capable, AFFORDABLE, off road vehicle. I've seen the concept picture they have on the sight before. I hope they make it. In fact, right now I've had a few to drink and would go buy one.

6. chriscruiser

chriscruiser

The future model has quickly grown on me and if they do come out with it I just may get one. I really like the FJ series landcruisers (70's models) ever since I was a kid riding around in my uncle's landcruiser on the farm...funny because to this day I tell people how incredible the Cruiser is and that was 20 years ago and it's still driving just fine. Toyota rules!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.