100 series pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys i need to do my pads and rotors soon and was just wondering what the part number was for the 100 series pads ....i wanna put them on my truck ..and also if there is a better rotor i can use to ....

The 100 series pads for the front are 04465-60220 (old number 04465-60151). The 100 pads for the rear are generally not adaptable to an 80 series (I presume that's your interest since you are posting in the 80 section).

You did not identify your truck, so it would be impossible to answer the second part of your query.

Cheers, R -

yeah thanks ...sorry bout that shes a 97 fzj80 collectors edition......ome 2.5 med cooper STT. 285/75/16 and an expedition roof rack

I had so much hassle going to the new rotors and 100 pads, I had to shim out the brake caliper to get the caliper to run central to the rotor, as there was no way the that one of the pads would go in.

the 100 series pads are thicker, and you have to run without the anti-squeak shims - or thin them up a bit. I found this out on my own, then found it on mud, duh!

I had left the shims out, the pad one side of each disc would no way go in, thats how I found out that the brake caliper was not central to the disc, as one pad would go in really easy and the other pad would not, thats why I had to shim the caliper central to the disc, so the gap either side of the disc was the same. what I can remember it was about 1/32" thickness shim I had to make to centralise caliper.

I am mentioning this, just in case other people that do the mod, could come across the same thing.

Does the upgrade to 100 series front pads really offer a significant increase in stopping time/distance?

Mike S

Does the upgrade to 100 series front pads really offer a significant increase in stopping time/distance?

Mike S

X2 the same question .. it really worth the money ?

I have not noticed any diference in stopping distances, I done it to cut down the change times of the pads, if I knew I was going to have the hassles I had fitting them, I would not have bothered.

I have 26k miles on the 100 series pads and they have at least 60% shelf life left to them.

gaining ultimate braking is debateable because you still have the same caliper putting force on them, you're just spreading that force over more area.

The gains are in longevity of both pads (due to thicker pad and greater surface area) and rotors (cause you're using more of the rotor with the bigger surface area pads), and should gain some fade resistance too, also cause of spreading the load / heat over more area. But 60-0 distance - I can't say what the gain is, if there is indeed one.

I stand by my oft-delivered challenge to outstop anybody's modified brake system with my totally stock truck. I think the 100 series pads offer an excellent placebo effect and the pride of a modification.

DougM

I stand by my oft-delivered challenge to outstop anybody's modified brake system with my totally stock truck. I think the 100 series pads offer an excellent placebo effect and the pride of a modification.

DougM

Maybe so Doug, but they for sure last longer.

Most 80s here are not stock, and the bigger tires do not improve braking at all! So of course your puny tired pavement pounder will outstop all comers. It isn't about the brake pads.

Pavement pounder??!! Why I oughtta.....(visualize Jackie Gleason waving his fist around)...heh.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom