100 Series Overland build..where to start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Many thanks to everyone, honestly this forum is amazingly helpful. I'm going to take the advice of the group and focus on baselining my major maintenance items, and wheel'ing the truck stock for a bit and see where it goes from there. Overall I love this truck and would like to keep it as long as possible (visions of me as a older guy in 30 years still driving in around in my 100 Series)

Thanks!

Echoing what everyone else has said, get out there and find out what you need before the big budget items. If by overland you mean extended trips off or even on grid weight is key. Not only is your list expensive but it’s heavy and the gas mileage on these things is horrible. Skip the bumpers until the trails you’re running get more intense. Mount a winch with a hidden cradle of you find yourself remote and alone often. Spend your money on fuel for adventures!

I’ve had my LC approaching one year, so far I have caught up on maintenance people listed above and seeing where my stock truck will fall short. So far meets my needs, so haven’t done much. I did add an awning as wanted the shade out on the beach, but found a thread to mount to stock roof rack. Really want some tires but don’t see the point for the light off-roading I am doing, will just get some ATs once my current tires have reached the end of their useful life.

Would suggest the heather tees, my mechanic actually advised not addressing but I wanted the peace of mind.

To add, the truck has ACH, and it's working fine so far. I believe there are ways to make it run in it's "high" setting for a "lift", should I consider that? Or just ditch it and get a true lift
If you are keeping the AHC, you need TechStream or another tester/reader to keep an eye on the AHC health. Make sure you keep the AHC Neutral Pressure at the lower end of the specs. With the AHC you already have a 2-3 inch lift at the touch of a button, and a suspension which is fantastic for overlanding and bad roads. It does add another level of complexity and you would benefit from learning how the system works, especially the moving parts. Once, on a forrest road, I had a stick jump up to bend the linkage to the rear height sensor, making the rear low. If you then don't know how it's supposed to look, you could have a problem.

I love my AHC and have no intention of removing. I was out on gravel/dirt roads in central TX hill country and it was like a nice drive to work when I remembered to put it in full comfort mode.
Troy
That is the on/off button for washboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom