100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a thread I can get excited about. Why the Lexus? Are you going to rip out the AHC? They seem to be maintenance hogs. Also it seems later models have tranny problems. Only thing that has failed me on 100 is starter, alternator and battery.

White LX is first choice, but I am in daydream stage now. If a good deal shows that is non-white I would be game. I prefer light colors.

AHC problems seem rare to me, but I don't spend a ton of te in 100 forums.

We need a 100 series thread. I am getting the fever for another one. I may sell the Bronco and get one and build it for Moab.

White LX470 is what I want. Any year but 1999.

get after it......
StrangeloveStrangelove2.jpg

I can't tell you how much I like driving Del's '03. I shift the 5 speed like a manual when coming to a stop or when passing. I leave the ATC on PWR mode because of the larger tires and it seems to set the shift points perfectly. I've only played offroad a few times but the few times I have I was impressed. The ATRAC really kicks ass. I have to back the church's smoker up a curb with soggy grass on the other side and it really does a great job not spinning. I bet an ATRAC/rear locker combo would be amazing.

I hate that they still have that stupid power antenna and the sound system leaves much to be desired.

This is by far my favorite vehicle I've ever owned and I've had a few.

I want to get some good service out of this one and then try to find an '07.

I am actually in the market for a new LC or Lexus for wife. Wife's mom has an 03 with under 40,000 miles that we can have for cheap. Probably going to be ours in the spring.

As far as trannys go, I think 98 and 99 were ok but they had bad front diff. It was 00-02 that was bad but not sure. I am not sure what I think about ATRAC, but guys that have it seem to love it.

I bought a 100 back when I was in Texas. I had just bought a super light buggy and got an aluminum trailer to haul it on.

I lifted it, decked it out and had 2 sets of tires. The stock streeters and some 33" Nitto's.

454916096_BnDGZ-L.jpg

I hauled the tires out to Moab on the trailer and wheeled the buggy for the first 1/2 of the week and then Julie and the kids flew out.

I stuck the 33's on and wheeled all over.

247420728_dnRL6-L.jpg

I brought it home and painted the front bumper to match. I think it looked awesome.

454733770_Phmo8-L.jpg

This is the only rig I have really regretted selling.

247420672_inXzk-L.jpg

Last edited:
I bet an ATRAC/rear locker combo would be amazing.

My 2001 had ATRAC and a rear ARB locker. The locker seemed to confuse the s*** out of the system as it was not designed around it. Also, it was an early system. I am sure they got "smarter" and better each year.

I am 100% impressed with the ATRAC on the FJ Cruiser. It is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom