100 Series BIOR Skid Plate Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I talked to Mike about a group buy here as well. If we can get together at least 5 orders, he will give a 10 percent discount. Also, he said that if you can find someone near you on the buy, this will save a great deal in shipping.

BumpItOffroad

Let me know what you think.

Mike also is good with 50% down and 50% once completed for this buy as well.

Skid Plates Raw - $675
Skid Plated Powder Coated - $787.50

Plate 1.JPG

Plate 2.JPG
Plate 1.JPG
Plate 2.JPG

I would be all over this but the BIO rear bumper GB is going to drain my upgrade funds for the remaining of the year.

Thanks for starting this up!!! You may want to include some of this info from BIO's site:

"The new 100 series skid plates are formed out of 3/16" plate steel that is cut out by water jet out and bent to shape. There are three pieces to the skid plate system for easy install. They are designed to work with my new diff drop or with the stock cross member."

I'll delete this part of my post if you decide to copy it over to post #1.

Also, can you address the following questions:

1. Is there any drilling required to the frame?

2. Will it work with a Slee differential drop?

3. What exactly do you have access to with this kit installed?

4. What exactly do you not have access to with this kit installed?

5. Do we have to get it with the "Bump-it Offroad" cutout on the front piece?

6. Can we (within reason) have something custom cutout in the front (I was thinking PFRAN42 would look good there)?

7. Is mounting hardware included?

I may jump on this depending on the answers to the above questions...

Pfran,

I will check with Mike and get back to you asap.

Also interested here,
In my opinion if Mike is offering a discount we should run HIS logo on the plate.

10% off and we hide his business name doesn't sound as cool. I also think the custom programming time should cost more, not less than retail. Just my 2c here, I really appreciate the vendors who participate in group buys and want to support them as much as possible.

If only I had better support myself... I really need a front ARB locker next!

I have these so I will answer what I can for you.

1. Is there any drilling required to the frame? No

2. Will it work with a Slee differential drop? Yes

3. What exactly do you have access to with this kit installed? Oil filter for sure. I haven't attempted anything else yet. So confirm with Mike. Mine is off the truck right now or I would crawl under and look for you.

4. What exactly do you not have access to with this kit installed? it covers a lot. Trans case, front propellor shaft, everything the cheep factory one covers. I am not positive if you have access to all the fluid drain points though. I would probably pull them anyway for fluid changes because I am anal about being clean.

5. Do we have to get it with the "Bump-it Offroad" cutout on the front piece?

6. Can we (within reason) have something custom cutout in the front (I was thinking PFRAN42 would look good there)?

7. Is mounting hardware included? Yes

COME ON!!!! I was planning on buying this next year. not now.. :crybaby:

well lets get 5 together and pull the trigger. you know you want to.

does it replace the factory crossmember that holds up the tcase? or does it bolt to that? That would seem to hang down pretty low.

Thanks

Just curious, if the BIOR skid plates can be used with and w/o the diff drop, does it is use spacers in one of the configurations.

I know it can be uses with or without the drop. I am not sure about the spacers.

Also interested here,
In my opinion if Mike is offering a discount we should run HIS logo on the plate.

10% off and we hide his business name doesn't sound as cool. I also think the custom programming time should cost more, not less than retail. Just my 2c here, I really appreciate the vendors who participate in group buys and want to support them as much as possible.

I too really appreciate vendors who offer group buys. I wish I could jump on all of em. Really strikes a chord seeing a rig outfitted with a mixture of items offered from the different fabricators kind enough to support the 100 crowd.
We commend you! :beer:

Also interested here,

I disagree. I do not like paying a lot of hard earned money and being forced to be a driving billboard for a company. I don't like logos for companies and wont run them for any company if possible. But, to each their own.

Those skids look to be quality and a good price point. Too bad skids are way down my list because I'm building a dd/expedition type rig. I keep an old jeep and a polaris ranger for real trail riding. :steer:

Last edited:
It keeps the tcase crossmember and runs pretty tight to it. Whole thing hangs maybe 1/2" lower than factory part.

I have the slee diff drop with these and no spacers.

anybody for the list? all we need is 5

Guys,

As a couple of you know, Ijust received a set of the skids. The quality is amazing. The are super stout and very wellmdesigned. I told Mike that the skids were my greatest surprise among the bumper, skids and sliders.

Several have asked for pics. I've not had time to organize my shots, so here's a link to my Flickr. Flickr: zutrooper's Photostream

I disagree. I do not like paying a lot of hard earned money and being forced to be a driving billboard for a company. I don't like logos for companies and wont run them for any company if possible. But, to each their own. :steer:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the logos either.
I might consider modding it with a series of round holes in a 1/4 plate welded over a cut out original opening so I could have a clean one (and airflow). Just not willing to ask for too much special treatment I guess. That said, from what we've learned on the board it sounds like Mike is one of the most flexible vendors out there and he might not mind a bit. We'll see!:cheers:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the logos either.
I might consider modding it with a series of round holes in a 1/4 plate welded over a cut out original opening so I could have a clean one (and airflow). Just not willing to ask for too much special treatment I guess. That said, from what we've learned on the board it sounds like Mike is one of the most flexible vendors out there and he might not mind a bit. We'll see!:cheers:

I never asked for free special treatment. Plus, I bet it is cheaper to produce leaving out the water jet process where the logo is created. Mike does all his own fab work and is known for accommodating modifications to his designs. I guess that is one of the reasons everyone loves BIO so much. If I buy a product I am entitled to ask for any logo deletion I care for. I have ordered cars this way, keeping the badges off.

I see your point but there will be a lot of free marketing for Mike due to the group buy. I would fully expect to pay through the nose for custom lettering in that spot. Btw, there is another skid plate manufacturer out there who will delete or modify the logo on his offering, hence why I asked about it in the first place. I guess it ultimately depends on what Mike has to say. Either way, it is a good deal and a well designed product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom