100 series best road tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to replace all the tires on my 1960 Landcruiser.
Looking for the best highway tire, no drumming/highway noise
275x60x-18. Old Michelin on them that came when I bought the car.
Also any commentary on wheel alignments.

Sumitomo, Yokohama... H/T tires. I find Japanese brand tires to be good in every situation. Check on eBay. Last month they offered 20% off for a select set of 4 tires with selected dealers.

Michelin Defenders.

There's no other discussion to be had.
Quoted for truth. Check out the huge thread in the 200 section. People even wheel them pretty well.

Quoted for truth. Check out the huge thread in the 200 section. People even wheel them pretty well.
I run a set of 33" Defenders on my 100 when not on trails. Keeps miles off my 35s.

We met up with another mudder for a couples' weekend last year, wearing my Michelins. He posted a pic on Facebook of our trucks side by side trying to give me crap for wussy tires. The comment section did not go as he planned.

Moral of the story, they're excellent. I have 30k ish on mine and they look brand new. Not a sound from them, snow rating (should I ever get stuck in some s***ty snowy area), I've run fire roads on them no problem. I also have a set on my W123 300D and I drive the crap out of that car, they never skip a beat.

BTW I just noticed OP said 1960 Land Cruiser...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom