100 series 4.2td Auto suspension and other issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thankyou for offering, very kind of you and I appreciate the thought.

I really pleased my car works properly......do you think changing the fluid will give better results ?

I am also going to replace the rear springs

I3n0x I have downloaded an FSM but its a version for 2004 and I cant see any reference for AHC or AVS in this manual, can you guide me to an FSM for my car a 2000yr car ?

Looking forward to spending time in my workshop doing this.

Thanks again for offering grateful for your support

I'm using this one as an FSM (I think this is also for the facelift models, but apart from a couple things, they're the same):

It's not easy to search in it and print pages from it (needs a pretty fast computer), but the AHC system is in it. Search "active height" in the pdf..

I would just read through some of Paddo’s posts, he has some very clear instructions on how to check and maintain the AHC. In the uk you have two types of rear springs, there are coloured bands if still visible on the coils, from memory the choice is pink or purple..

I managed to just pull the springs out and push them back in with nothing more than screwdriver with the vehicle up on a ramp, these springs a very weak...

Last edited:
Ah Hah.... so which would you think is the better of the two ?

I'll check what's on my car, on the basis I'm going to replace which ones are the favoured choice.

This is from the website above(roughtrax) they have an explanation about the colour banding, you need to check the colour before ordering.

Toyota fitted various rear coil types to the 100 series using coloured bands to distinguish them pending loads etc.
These coils are ONLY compatible for the LandCruiser 100 series with AHC suspension (Active Height Control) & PURPLE BAND,
Some models with AHC can also be fitted with a "Pink" band coil, free height 455mm, our COIL002 Purple Band 485mm can not be used to replace the Pink band coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom