100 Nav system? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
hello, all ya rare and distinguished 100 owners and other knowledgeable folks!

Was wondering about the Nav system on the 100.

Can this thing be updated software wise, such as downloading maps etc from a disk pr from the web?

Is this automatically touchscreen for the A/C etc as well?

How does this work for you altogether? To avoid, OK, or great?

thanks

Eric

My dad's 100 has the gps. I have not really used it, I just keep it on a map so I know where I am. I have never given it a place for it to get me to. I like the map mode, it is nice to know you have not missed an exit. The touch screen takes over the controls of almost everything. The radio, air, and other stuff is all touch screen. It works out ok all being touch screen. I think I prefer the normal air controls in my 99 to the touch screen stuff in my dads newer 100. As far as I know maps can not be downloaded, but I have not read the book on the gps. If you have the money I guess get it. I think it may only be available on late model 100s which means you would not be able to get a factory rear locker, something to consider.

-Matt

16Nov2003 (UTC -7)
[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=7605;start=msg63691#msg63691 date=1068962361]
hello, all ya rare and distinguished 100 owners and other knowledgeable folks!
Was wondering about the Nav system on the 100.

Can this thing be updated software wise, such as downloading maps etc from a disk pr from the web?
Is this automatically touchscreen for the A/C etc as well?
How does this work for you altogether? To avoid, OK, or great?

thanks
Eric
[/quote]

1. Yes, maps can be updated, but you'd have to go to the dealer and get a new DVD CD. I've had mine since when they first came out for the 2001 model, but I haven't updated the map yet. It's very rare for me not to find an address. And since I'm of the philosophy that GPS is just an aid for navigation, I can't justify purchasing an updated CD (which is loaded on the NavSys under the front passenger seat).
2. The touch screen also works for other purposes: aircon, radio, CD player, DVD movies, and maintenance reminders/calendar/counters.
3. For guy like me who just moved to California in 2001, I saved thousands of hours by not getting lost and planning better/faster routes. I've seen how it works vs. BMW and Honda, and read having it compared vs. Nissan & Mercedes-Benz, the conclusion is always the same: it's the best Nav system ever.

And check out the stuff I've done with it:
http://www.geocities.com/uzj100/navigation-system.html
http://www.pbase.com/drexx/dvdnavsystem

guys, from photos it looks like there are still a bunch of real buttons and knobs for audio and A/C around the screen. Are these duplicates of what is on the screen? I would hope you don't have to go through several menu levels just to change the temp of the A/C or increase the volume of the radio...
E

16Nov2003 (UTC -7)

Yes, those are just duplicate functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom