100 12v plugs constant power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my '99 Cruiser I would like for the 12v plugs front and rear, or at least one of the two, to give constant power even when the truck is turned off.

Is there an easy way I can do this?

I don't know how easy it would be, but change it from switched source to constant (battery) source. I would start with a wiring diagram.

Toyotaman,

Gumby was the first to suggest the power seats to me. The power seats are unswitched 12v and easy to remove to get to the power source. They are used intermittently and are on a heavy fuse.

As for the rear 12v outlets, are you talking about 2nd row, or cargo area? If you mean the 2nd row then the same front power seat source would be the closest.

-B-

Before we answer this to much, what are you planning on running off them? How much draw and how often? I only ask because if it's frequently with a big draw, you may want to consider adding a secondary remote fuse block in the truck. I have on in the ds rear quarter panel that gives me numerous constant 12v and powers my other things too. Just something to consider - also makes future upgrades very quick and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom