1 GR-FE engine in an FJ40 need help / ideas! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been toying with this idea for some time (since I bought my 4runner and fell in love with the motor). What I am in need of is a source for an engine, trans, and transfer out of a 2003 - now 4runner. I already have the recipient vehicle. I have been searching, but I have not been able to figure out how to buy a salvage vehicle without going through a dealer and paying top dollar. What I really need info on is how to get a hold of a really messed up vehicle to pull the engine and computer and all the other stuff out of. If any of you have any ideas, please let me know. I know an SBC swap would be easier, but I really like the idea of all Toy. Please feel free to share any ideas you might have. Thanks in advance. Oh and no, I can't use the engine and parts out of my 4runner :)

What part of the world are you in? In my neck of the woods (Central California woods) pick-n-pull wrecking yards would be my first try. I don't know if they let complete engines go but they do sell trannys and t-cases. In the Sacramento area is TAP recycling, nothing but Toyotas. Google them to look at their site. I've never looked for 4runners, but I'm sure they have some.

Good luck

Paul

Pick and pulls around here seem to only have older foreign vehicles or late model domestics. The foreign bone yards act like what they are selling is made of gold, and they are not u-pull it. I am kind of hoping to get a rolled, salvage vehicle since all the electronics need to go also. I am in SW pa, so if any of you local yokels know of a good foreign upull it, please speak up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom