1-FZFE Oil usage, how much does yours use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One quart every 500 miles or so. A freeway trip of 220 miles this last weekend saw a one quart drop. I think it is going out the exhaust since leaks are very minor. It's always been like this. I got the truck with 155K, it now has 208K. Always frustrated me but I'm too lazy to pursue the problem. I use cheap 10W30 non synthetic.

qrt every 1000 here. No leaks at all. All going out the tailpipe. I need some valve stem seals. 216k miles. With 529 diff gears it can chew through oil on long highway trips. Like 1 qrt per 500 miles.

I seem to loose about a quart/1k miles. No leaks, engine is clean and I don't leave any on the driveway. 240k on the vehicle, engine rebuilt about 40k ago.

Last edited:
I seem to loose about a quart/1k miles. No leaks, engine is ckean and I don't leave any on the driveway. 240k on the vehicle, engine rebuilt about 40k ago.

Well that's not good after a recent rebuild...

I was using about a quart every 750-1000 miles. Sometimes more. After rebuilding the head while doing the HG I am not using a bit of oil between 3000 mile oil changes. This includes pulling a trailer on a 1000 mile trip recently. All valve seals were replaced as well as the valve guides on the exhaust side. This seams to have been my issue. Engine had 165k or so prior to my most recent rebuild of the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom