1/4 turn stops on AC Freon lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Probably a dumb question, but I have to change out the AC compressor on my wife’s SRX Cadillac, and I recently pulled the AC condenser on a Forerunner, in both cases I have to release ( safely of course ) the Freon to accomplish this .
Why isn’t it possible to put 1/4 turn stops just above where the Freon lines bolt to the compressor, and just before the condenser?
Why wouldn’t this make sense ? I’m sure this has been wondered by many ,….

Probably a dumb question, but I have to change out the AC compressor on my wife’s SRX Cadillac, and I recently pulled the AC condenser on a Forerunner, in both cases I have to release ( safely of course ) the Freon to accomplish this .
Why isn’t it possible to put 1/4 turn stops just above where the Freon lines bolt to the compressor, and just before the condenser?
Why wouldn’t this make sense ? I’m sure this has been wondered by many ,….
I had to read it more than twice till I get what you were saying, the short answer to your Why is cost of production most car company will always cut cost on the small items that they think no one would care for or use. Here is an example years ago when I use to work for Dodge they decided to remove a fuel port were you hook up gauges to check your pressure come to find out the bean counters saw that no one was using it during a diagnosis on warranty work and they figure it saves them a bunch of quarters by removing such item. I'm in the same boat right now were I have to replace a compressor and luckily for me I have access to a machine were I could evacuate the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom