07 fj cruiser question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a2007 fj cruiser. I've been running FJ80s for many years. This however has an interesting glitch I wonder if anyone has come across. When headlights are turned on all warning light illuminate, abs Trac vsc and vsc trac. Turn off lights restart engine lights stay off until headlights are turned on. My solus shows no codes or pending codes across the board. Checked all fuses all are ok. It has had very minor front end damage, original parts are still on just scuffed up a bit. I suspect a damaged wire harness but work schedule has been insane so haven't had time to thoroughly inspect the poor thing. Any ideas would be welcomed.

I have a 2012 TT, haven't had such issues with mine. Does it run ok? Sounds like an electric gremlin. Ever flooded? Be interested to know what you find out

It was doing this when I bought it, all seems to work fine until headlights are turned on. No flooding runs like a top and drives beautifully. If I told you what I paid for it you'd probably call me not so nice names ;) I am hoping work calms down a bit so I can take a closer look. I should mention that I am a mechanic and problem seemed fairly minor as everything does work. Just hoping someone had heard of something similar. When I figure this out I will definately let you guys know. Thanks for your comments

What is the status of the DRL's, I heard a guy was trying to disable the DRL's and was cutting wires. Got similar results only his christmas tree was on all the time.

There is a DRL / Lighting resistor behind the driver side headlight. I'd at least give that a look. You can even unplug it which will disable the DRLs but may be a way to test if its bad in any way.

Is the alternator making enough volts and amps with the lights on

These are all great ideas, will try as soon as a get a day off and post results. Thank you all.

Sorry it's been so long since I've been on to explain what I found, work was crazy before this pandemic now it's just gotten bizzare.
Anyway, found nothing obvious so on a whim looked at taillight bulbs. They had been swapped to led. Replaced with incandescent
and all warning lights off all systems work perfectly. Just a lucky desperate stab at the problem. Thanks for all the good ideas and hope all stay healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom