‘04 lx470 front seat comfort? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With 248k miles the seat leather is fine, but it has lost its cushion and is rather uncomfortable. Any suggestions to improve the seat or should I just get an aftermarket seat cushion. Thx

You could replace the seat cushion but you'd be removing the leather to do it.

You could try steaming the foam to get it to fluff up again, but I'm not sure it would work through the leather.

For the most drastic change without replacement you will just need to go with something that goes on top of the seat.

I wonder how much the wet okole seats would add in terms of comfort
Probably wouldn't change much in terms of padding/comfort. Most of the time people use them to avoid leather problems (too hot in summer and too cold in winter).

Yu could buy the factory style slip on covers from Cerullo but note that the pattern is actually for a Land Cruiser not an LX. You can get a piece of foam added to bulk it up, and I'm sure being an uphostery shop they could give you something made to fit. I think they advise you don;t use these with your seat heaters, but you'd want to verify that. I think that's generally the case with any slip on covers as it traps heat in and can create a potential fire hazard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom