'04 LC Aftermarket Head Unit w/Climate - It Can Be Done!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha, I love cd’s but I think it’s just because I have a big collection. I mean unless your audio (amps/speakers) are aftermarket it seems as if the Tesla style screeen conversion seems like a good fit for anyone that wants hassle free a/c integration and really a means of connecting digital media input. Not to mention it seems like any average car audio place could put in that screen unit. We’re talking max of a 1k factoring you pay someone to install...it’s just like a aftermarket receiver.

Also, if anyone wanted to add high end aftermarket audio to it, they could likely use this. this thing is the cats meow in the mobile audio world right now from a capability/cost perspective.

Haha, I love cd’s but I think it’s just because I have a big collection. I mean unless your audio (amps/speakers) are aftermarket it seems as if the Tesla style screeen conversion seems like a good fit for anyone that wants hassle free a/c integration and really a means of connecting digital media input. Not to mention it seems like any average car audio place could put in that screen unit. We’re talking max of a 1k factoring you pay someone to install...it’s just like a aftermarket receiver.

Also, if anyone wanted to add high end aftermarket audio to it, they could likely use this. this thing is the cats meow in the mobile audio world right now from a capability/cost perspective.

I definitely wouldn't take it to your neighborhood car stereo shop; there is way too much complexity required in order to integrate the climate controls. You literally have to follow the steps outlined here and in other posts exactly; I wish it was hassle-free but it was a bit of a PITA. It took a couple of really smart guys (particularly @jerryb) to really figure it out and share it (I just followed instructions).

I do wish I had more fidelity from the system overall; I put in aftermarket speakers (Alpines) and took out the subwoofer, and while it sounds okay (and with plenty of volume) it's not going to win any competitions.

I did some research and a standard single din seems to be about 2"x7". The slot in the LX is 2"x6" so it should be a close fit.

Mine bolted right into the tape deck bracket, just have to cut a piece of plastic for the trim.

If someone could just make a solid faced, FLAT copy of the stock radio surround it would be the easiest and most cheap solution out there. Once the word got out you'd probably sell a lot of them, worldwide. A square single din riser looks crappy.

Yes, perhaps with a shroud option aswell since certain radios need more clearance in the back.
I’m in the process of making one out of wood for my 2006. It’ll look good hopefully but a lot of work for something that could be simply made out of plastic

If someone could just make a solid faced, FLAT copy of the stock radio surround it would be the easiest and most cheap solution out there. Once the word got out you'd probably sell a lot of them, worldwide. A square single din riser looks crappy.
I agree but I’m not using a riser to to speak. I just used black plastic sheet that was relatively thin. It goes behind so as long as its big enough the radius corners of the opening keep it clean.

Do you know if the Metra harness fits a 2005 Lexus LX470?

Has anyone done this in a 2003+ LX470?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom