For Sale '02 Taco Xtra Cab $8000 (Wilmington NC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok my long time companion is up on the block. I never intended on selling, but I have twin toddlers that I need to shuttle to preschool, swim lessons, etc. and the Xtra cab doesn't work for 2 car seats. Now I'm looking to move into a 100 or LX470.

Here's the skinny:
2002 Gold Tacoma Xtra cab SR5:steer:
108,xxx miles with a good bit of highway time.
V6
5 Speed
4WD
Power windows
Power Locks
Power Steering
Cruise control
A/C (recharged last summer still cold)
Alloy rims
Tow
stock am/fm, CD, cassette (remember these)

The Good::bounce:
Well maintained with records available if requested
Major service (timing belt, etc.) done
Interior is clean (for a 10 yr old rig) and free of rips, tears, cracks
1 owner truck
No accidents
Newish snows (don't really need in coastal NC, but they're on there from Vermont)
New Frame (Ok I know, I'll explain this is a good thing). If you're not familiar with it, Toyota had a buyback program for 4x4/Tacomas that were 2001 and older. If you had any frame rot, they juts gave you some multiple of KBB value and bought the truck. Since mine was an '02, they did the work under warranty. $11,500 of time and material later and I have a new frame and such. This isn't a total or a rebuild. There was no accident. This shows in the service records as warranty work.

The Bad::mad:
This was a working Vermont rig and it has the scars to show for it.
The front bumper is rusted on either corner (through a bit on one side), but hey, you wanted to put something cooler on there anyway...
The rear is showing rust as well.
There is a hole in the bed (2" diameter maybe) behind the passenger side wheel well.
Hood and roof have some dings and scratches where my crew wasn't always as careful with the ladders as they should have been.
Theres a dent in the cab, behind the passenger door. (Friggin' stump! d*** it Jim, this is why we install sliders:bang:)
Skid plates are also rusty.

All in all this is a solid rig and would make a great work horse or trail rig. She's not gonna win a beauty contests, but she'll always be there for you.

I'm looking for $8000.

I wanted to get some more pics, but both my boys are running fevers and I've been playing nurse all day. Maybe tomorrow... In the meantime, here's what I've got...
IMG_0798.jpg
IMG_0799.jpg
IMG_0800.jpg

still going...Oh crud! it's the fuel tank skid plate shots...:censor:
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0852.jpg
IMG_0853.jpg

on and on we go...
IMG_0854.jpg
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg

OK, Thank god that's over....onto the engine...
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg

OK, one last profile shot for good measure.
$8k OBO
IMG_0863.jpg

Once I get my 55 sold I would love to come down and check this out. What kind of highway MPG do you get?

I've been getting 17.5 to 20 mpg. Driving around Wilmington its at the lower end of that range. Last summer I was driving from Cincinnati to Rutland VT and back every week (~1600 round trip). As long as I kept it below 80, I'd get 20 to just a hair over.

Saw this truck yesterday. Don't let the rust scare you, it's really not that bad. Original owner with just over 100K miles on a 3.4, with the frame replaced. If my wife could drive a manual and if I didnt have my mind made up on getting a 4 door Tacoma, I would get it.

Bump

Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the reply on the post. It was good meeting you. Good luck on the hunt for a four-door.

Friday morning bump.

She's gone. Excuse while I shed a tear...

Sticker did it

The Ron Paul sticker sold it for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom