02 taco intermittent moan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

etx

Threads
I'm at the end of my rope. Mama's 2002 tacoma, 3.4 4x4 auto. Just hit 200k. Intermittently, only under throttle, the truck makes a noticeable moaning/groaning noise. Its not bogging, and I cannot recreate the noise in park, only while moving, again, under throttle. If I let off the throttle it stops. I've done the following: fuel filter, timing belt, water pump, cam and crank seals, plugs, wires, cleaned the maf, new cats, new brakes all around including rotors and drums, changed both diffs and transfer oil, and swapped out a slightly binding cv. 2 months ago I installed a custom rear drives haft with Spicer u joints and a new support bearing. Sometimes it also makes a chirping noise, I thought bearings but during the brake job I spun each wheel numerous times and can detect nothing. Checked if they were loose, they're not. Could the groan/moan under load be a bearing? I thought maybe it could be fuel related but again, it doesn't bog again all. Thanks for reading I'm losing my sanity.

Look over all the bushings and anything that would be moving when the truck is. Pay special attention to all the bushings in the front IFS. That's where I'd start atleast.

You didn't mention the muffler, I have had that with the cat's and muffler guts coming loose in the housing.

i am having a similar noise coming from my truck just checked it out and I'm almost sure its the drive shaft carrier bearing. What wound up being your issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom