02 4Runner Sport Editon needs tires. Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title says it all guys...

My wife's the primary driver of the 4Runner and it needs tires. What do you recommend in the way of replacments?

We never off road the car and get rain a LOT.

Hell, I don't even know what size they are... :/

Thanks in advance,
Alan

I'd go with Bridgestone Dueler Revo AT's. Their quiet, good road manners, good rain performance, and can even go offroad if you ever needed to in emergencies.

Tad

I second that. I had Revos on my 97 LC for the past year and loved them. After the recent OME suspension swap on the 'cruiser, I went up a few tire sizes and put BFG's on, so the Revos with 12K on them are going on my wifes 02 4Runner. They don't even look like they are worn at all. Very quiet on the road and good in snow/rain.

Brian

BB said:
I second that. I had Revos on my 97 LC for the past year and loved them. After the recent OME suspension swap on the 'cruiser, I went up a few tire sizes and put BFG's on, so the Revos with 12K on them are going on my wifes 02 4Runner. They don't even look like they are worn at all. Very quiet on the road and good in snow/rain.

Brian

What kind of BFG's are you getting, I just did a OME swap myself and was considering new shoes as well.

BFG A/T KO's in 305/70-16. So far, I like them. They look prety good with the OME 2.5-inch lift.

Brian

i had a set of 31 bridgestone duelers on my fj62. they were partially used, got all four for 100 and they had over sixty perc. tread life left. they were a little worn on the outside treads, but i kept em rotated and had they reversed so more wear side was to the inside. they held the road very well with good traction on and off road, and were pretty good in rain. the bfg's are good, but overexaggerated with over all performance for price. i had a set of el cheapo 32's on my cruiser, i sold to a neighbor so i will go double check the name before i post. they were bought as a set of four 32x12.50x15's mounted on 15x8 black rock crawler/daytona ($50.00 black steel wheels) with 95% tread for 250.00. they were the best tires i have ever bought. very tough to puncture, you can trust me with that issue. handled very smoothly, althougha little pull on old s***ty uneven roads, and they wore very slowly. but i will get the name of those for you. plus their tread design as an AT is way more aggressive looking, almost MT looking, moreso than the bfg's and the dueler's. just a thought for ya. i will go get the brand name. thanks, ben

Check out my website (www.TrailAddict.com)- I've got a database of tire reviews, mostly from 4Runner owners. Also, TireRack.com has some good info about tire performance.

In short though, I recommend the Bridgestone Dueler AT. I ran them on my 96 4Runner for about 50k miles and loved them.

The tires i had were Regul AT's. Cheap, but very very good. better than most expensive brands. anyhoo, hope it helps.
ben

Sam's club carries the Michelin SUV tire, at a good price (It's easy to order them over the net for delivery to your local store). It's for those of us 99 percent on road, but wanting a little more than the OEM Michelin LTX tires.

LT

Bringing this post back from the dead for an update:

Based on your recommendation I bought the Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/T's. They've been on the car for a little less than a year and have held up very well. They're everything you guys said they'd be: quiet on the highway, compliant ride, they still look brand new, etc.

With all the rain we've been getting out here they're awesome.

The only thing I'd say I wasn't prepared for is the first few hundred miles of use. Until you wear off the coating from being in the mold (or whatever it is) they're a little slippery when it's wet. Once you run through that coating it's gravy.

I half expected it but it still took my by surprise.

Well, that and they were really hard to find in stock. (Very popular tire I guess...)

Thanks for the great recommendation guys.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom