Creaky metal clank from PS when stopping...Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skillet

Skillet
Threads
Just started noticing this noise which only happens 50% of the time and when it does happen, its only when applying the brakes during a medium hard to hard stop.

The noise comes from the passenger side and after tearing out the front PS seat and the seat belt and taking up the carpet on that side, I have determined that it is coming from somwhere just below or around the door jam between the front and rear PS doors.

Sounds like a creaky, clanking or something. Sometimes like a bunch of BB's in a can.

There is a body mound just below there, do you guys think it could be that?

I looked really close for cracks in body or frame but all looks sound.

Also checked around the cats, could not notice anything amiss.

I have done a search but have eliminated most of the possible culprits.

Questions, questions...always with the questions.

:beer:

Well, not that anyone gives a happy horse sh*t...but I figured it out.

The front metal guard that protects the body mount just in front of the rear wheel well on the PS had been bonked at one time with somthing heavy enough to bend it back.

It was actually touching the lower metal washer of the bushing.

When I would stop the body would shift forward a tad and the washer would rub and make a clanky squeaky noise on the bent guard.

15 minutes and a crow bar later, we are back in business and the noise is gone.

Any ideas on what could have bent that?

It was fairly tough to bend back into place and nothing else in the area looks to have sustained any type off damage at all so I don't know if a rock could have been the culprit. Wood seems too weak...

hmmmm.

Nice catch, bet that feels good.

I'd guess some road debris. Lots of random metal chunks out there on the roadways.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom