wheelarches fix gone wild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

denis

(O) toyota nut (O)
Threads
I intended to start the repair on my truck for the re-inspection (sharp angles wouldn't pass) and got a bit carried away with the screwdriver :eek: I thought while I'm at it let's do the job nicely, since this is my show/business truck :D
The amazing thing is how perfect the roof is, and how bas the underside is. The previous repairs probably helped the cancer spread... This is how a mandatory fix turns into a resto job :rolleyes: I hope this will get this 02/1985 truck through 20 more years. :grinpimp:

pics

ailedroite1.jpg

ailedroite2.jpg

ailedroite3.jpg

The filler neck is literally rusted through, I'm surprised it didn't leak a lot more. The place was filled with gunk, foam, cardoard, fiber... :eek: The filler neck and tank from my'88 are going in. When I have some time I'll slice the old tank to build a lower profile, smaller one.
ailedroite4.jpg
ailedroite5.jpg

ailedroite6.jpg

ailedroite7.jpg

ailegauche1.jpg

ailegauche2.jpg
ailegauche3.jpg

I couldn't resist the temptation to use the screwdriver on the inside :eek:
The seams between the floor and side panels in the cargo area aren't looking too good.
interieurdroit1.jpg

interieurdroit2.jpg

interieurdroit3.jpg

interieurdroit4.jpg

interieurgauche1.jpg

interieurgauche2.jpg

interieurgauche3.jpg

interieurgauche4.jpg

interieurgauche5.jpg

interieurgauche6.jpg

Normal looking 4wd... for around here.

Bondo now comes in 1 gallon containers !

GB

Man that does look like a lot of work. I must hand it to you, for spending the time on it. I just cut up an 85' BJ70 that from your pictures looked to be in better shape and I found that crusier to be a parts rig from day one.

Cheers,

Michael

Denis, not to be too blunt...but that body is beyond restoration...replacement is the only logical option. What exactly are you going to restore? By the time you cut away all the cancer, you'll have 1/3 of the body lying on the floor.

Island Moose said:
Denis, not to be too blunt...but that body is beyond restoration...replacement is the only logical option.

replacement ? bwahhahahahahahahahahahaha that's a good one ! you almost caught me :D
I'm fairly confident with this project, unfortunately I don't have the time to take the tub off to redo the body mounts but that will do it for now :grinpimp:

in my mind the best way to get to know your truck is to rebuild it. you will kow your 70 series much better than most by the time you are done.
keep up the hard work
cheers

progress

The left quarter section was pretty bad inside and out. I cut a lot more than I did on my friends LJ last year, I also have a lift now, it makes this work so much easier. It should turn out nicely :) -hopefully-

coinarg1.jpg

coinarg2.jpg

coinarg3.jpg

coinarg4.jpg

coinarg5.jpg

crushers said:
in my mind the best way to get to know your truck is to rebuild it. you will kow your 70 series much better than most by the time you are done.
keep up the hard work
cheers

Couldn't agree more! It's quality time well spent!

...digging out rust with a screwdriver is so easy to get carried away with. You start out small, with the intent on just 'exploring' the extent of rust, and by the end of the day you're ruthlessly hacking, pulling, cutting, picking, and you're truck looks even more like swiss cheese than when you started

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom