mini cruiser rear hybrid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the article veiwable to the common folk yet? I understand the concept but when mating the mini axle housing ends into the cruiser housing, is it a direct fit? Sleeving? whats the process here? thanks!

OD of mini = ID of fj....it's really that simple....just grind the mini welds a LITTLE, enough to get them flat, or close...

online article pending in Sept....

woody said:
online article pending in Sept....

Is it a ‘permission’ issue, or are you doing something completely different?

Is the idea to get a centered housing? or is the purpose to eliminate the c-clip design and keep the offset housing?

Centered rear to run a mini case, Dana 300, or Atlas...or?

Is there a strength problem with a mini axle? Do the mini axle shafts fit the cruiser third or do you need custom shafts, and if so, do you make a wider rear axle? Aren't the pinions about the same size/strength? ALso it seems like there are a lot more aftermarket options for the mini axle. Im not being a naysayer just curious.

mini shaft = 30 splines, and is size-wize identical to the FJ-40...

it is an inexpensive method of keeping your existing and interchangable FJ 3rd member/locker/gears and creating your own centered rear diff. WTW with a 85-older is 55", same as the fj40.

mini shafts are identical, so only one spare...and no c-clips...

mini chunks are known to have weaker carriers than the FJ40, and will strip ring/pinions as a result.

IS THERE NOT ANYONE OUT HERE THAT BELONGS TO THE TLCA?!?!?!?!?!?

You are so cute...

you know you want me.....

and, pics are added....IrFanView has a rockin autogroupmasspowah resize feature :D

W T F R U talking 'bout?

and while you are 'cute' and all....I play for the pink team...not the blue team.

:beer:

Poser said:
W T F R U talking 'bout?

and while you are 'cute' and all....I play for the pink team...not the blue team.

:beer:
See Steve, that is where we differ, I play WITH the pink team. Not for them..

:flipoff2:

L M A O!!!

This will get some mileage....

Last edited:
Proffits Cruisers does them, complete with shafts and brakes...just add your FJ40 chunk and yer done. Almost too easy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom