spindle too short? Mini Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Swapping the knuckle and spindle from a 1981 mini truck onto my 1972. First, I am using the spindle from the 1981, so that isn't the problem. I have in this order, knuckle, spindle, brake spacer (rather than the dust shield), gold shield. Using vented rotors. I know the wheel bearing traces have been tamped down, rear seal in flush to hub. I slide the rotor/hub on, slide in the outer bearing, and the thread on my spindle is maybe enough to get the washer on. Any idea what might be going on? Is there some type of trick to fully seat the hub onto the spindle (seems there might be room there)? Can I put the brake spacer between the spindle and the hub, or I guess maybe I could just eliminate that.

Swapping the knuckle and spindle from a 1981 mini truck onto my 1972. First, I am using the spindle from the 1981, so that isn't the problem. I have in this order, knuckle, spindle, brake spacer (rather than the dust shield), gold shield. Using vented rotors. I know the wheel bearing traces have been tamped down, rear seal in flush to hub. I slide the rotor/hub on, slide in the outer bearing, and the thread on my spindle is maybe enough to get the washer on. Any idea what might be going on? Is there some type of trick to fully seat the hub onto the spindle (seems there might be room there)? Can I put the brake spacer between the spindle and the hub, or I guess maybe I could just eliminate that.
Did you clearance your axle ball for birfs?

Last edited:
Pictures

Where are the pictures

Are you using the mini-truck birfield?
Did you install using the circlips inside the birfield and on the axle inside the diff?

Are you using the mini-truck birfield?
Did you install using the circlips inside the birfield and on the axle inside the diff?
yup, the problem was end of a long day, and expecting hub/rotor to slip on without spinning it and just gave up, then stewed on it for awhile that night. All seems well, should hook up brake lines in the morning then bleed the lines. Still need the cone washers / nuts for the new aisin hubs, cruiserteq should b delivering tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom