Sayersbrook 30th Anniversary Event (1 Viewer)

Will you come?

• Yes, and June is better

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Yes, and October is better

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Nope, not interested

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
As you know, next year marks TLCA’s 30th birthday. To that end, I’m trying to develop some celebratory events. These will hopefully be more social and fun based, and perhaps less based on “Big Time Wheeling.” I’d like for our non-wheeling membership to feel welcome and have things to do at these events. One venue that we’re researching for these events is Sayersbrook Bison Ranch (www.sayersbrook.com) in Potosi, Missouri. My backyard!
Sayersbrook is a working bison ranch with about 1,000 bison on site, broken into 10 herds of 100. Sayersbrook has 50 miles of trails on their 3000 acres, and offers off-road driving instruction classes. This provides a great opportunity for those of you who have never used your vehicles to their capability to explore doing so in a controlled and supervised environment-maybe you’ll get hooked! If you’ve ever dreamed of ‘wheeling with the big dawgs or exploring the back country, this would be a great educational opportunity.
Sayersbrook also offers fishing, sporting clays, golf, and lots of other exciting things to do on site. They can also provide lunch and dinner everyday in varying grades, from simple, to really nice-everything from bison burgers and hot dogs to bison steaks and full on gourmet side dishes. All these variants to the event will of course change the event price point, as will lodging choices.
Sayersbrook has a small amount of high end on site lodging, plenty of room to camp with on site restrooms (no showers, yet), and the YMCA of the Ozarks is close by. This is *not* a low end YMCA hostel type deal, but rather a large full service hotel, and many available 8-10 room cabins that could be used by freinds, family, and chapters who want to hang together.
But this is not the big draw for the event in my mind. Sayersbrook is a full service facility offering sporting clays, fly fishing, boating, covered wagon tours of the ranch, and much more. Sayersbrook is also located in an extremely scenic part of the northern Ozarks with much else to see and do. Elephant Rocks, Johnson Shut-Ins, Taum Sauk Mountain, and the National Ozark Scenic Riverways parks offer many hiking, floatin, mountian biking and other recreational opportunities. Some details here:
http://www.mostateparks.com/elephantrock/geninfo.htm
http://www.mostateparks.com/jshutins/geninfo.htm
http://www.mostateparks.com/katytrail/generalinfo.htm
http://www.nps.gov/ozar/index.htm
The two best times of year to have an event like this in Missouri are early June before it gets hot and humid, and early October as the fall colors in the Ozarks are faaabulous. October would be my recommendation;)
If we can pull this event together, I hope many of you who feel unable to participate at a “normal” wheeling based TLCA event will come and bring your family and Toyota 4x4’s and have a great time. But, we sort of need some help planning for the event in the form of response you, dear reader. So...
Please take some time to look at the list of available activities at Sayersbrook here:
http://www.sayersbrook.com/activitiesandamenities.html
and comment on what you'd like to do. We can put together whatever kind of event you want....but if only two guys want sporting clays, or only 2 people want horseback riding, then those options become much less feasable.
It takes a large fee up front to secure the Sayersbrook facility. Cost will likely be ~$150 per person. Vote in the poll, let us know if you guys want to move this event forward. It would be great fun!

count me in either month

Sounds like a great idea!

Sound Great !!!!

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me.....

I never could justify the funds/time to attend a serious off road event. I just know that once the hardcore bug bit me I'd lose everything just to put more into the truck! ;)

Anyhow this type of event is the perfect idea for families like mine. We will plan to be there.

And June is good for families since the kids will be out of school.

Dale Scheidemantle Camdenton, Mo.

Sounds like a nice place to commune with cruiser people and commemorate 30 years of TLCA... and, proposing MO is central to both coasts so more people are likely to be able to make it.

I'm in, I voted for October but would attend either month :)

Alan, If there is anything I can do to facilitate this, I will help. I can do some "Q", whatever it takes.
Ed Long

I'm very interested as I am in KC, MO. October is my vote. They don't call it Roctober around here for nothing. Awesome, crisp weather.

Colwelsch: indeed, October tends to be mighty fine here.
Please check in at the TornadoAlley section of the clubhouse and introduce yourself. We have plenty of guys in KC...

Sounds great! Voted October - thought it might be cooler.

Gathering facilities

Here's Sayersbrook meeting area on the lake. Great raffle spot, where food will be served, probably tech in etc.. Headquarters for the event.. Huge parking area for truck and trailer parking right next to this..
Sayersbrook Meeting facilities.jpg

Ya shouldn't miss this.. Easy to find, well marked..
Sayersbrook sign.JPG

training facilites, possible to have a new driver orientation to off roading.. Not to mention a really cool bison film and info on the ranch and the occupants on 4legs..
Classroom facilities.jpg

This place looks horrible after the sun sets! Really.. Chef and I just grabbed a recliner and slept on the dock.. The camping facilities are just around the corner in a field next to this area and there are a few RV hookups located about 100yards away.
Dock at night.jpg

Cool local attraction.. No Nolen.. you can't drive over these! Nice family place about half an hour away if that.. I'll try to scan the brochures and post them up as well.. Lots of cool history here, preview of elephant rocks..
Johnson shut ins.jpg

The camping area is on the left.. the meeting area on the water is on the right.. This is an across the lake view..
camping and dock view.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom