new ARB bumpers: awesome looking !!! (pics inside) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
07Nov2004 (UTC +8)

It looks sswweeeeetttt! Heard from an Aussie forum where I got this from is that it's quite expensive :( , and then bumpers for other 4x4's will soon follow the ARB product line. It's also been criticized for not having LEDs instead of those regular bulb lights... 'coz the price is AU$2,500 (?).

If you can't see the pics below, or wanna see higher res pics, they're all here in my website.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

07Nov2004 (UTC +8)

I wonder when would TJM follow with such design but cheaper?

that is very nice. I might be wrong but the rear plate lights looks like a early 70's fj40 :D

Damn, that rear is nice. Better start saving my allowance.

Looks good though it looks BIG. I'll bet Slee's bumper will be more pratical for 4-wheeling? It's hard to tell by the pictures. We'll see soon.

HEY DREXX!

That is ugly.
I like Slee's rear bumper style much more than that. Seems like it would have less departure angle than stock.

08Nov2004 (UTC +8)

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Looks good though it looks BIG. I'll bet Slee's bumper will be more pratical for 4-wheeling? It's hard to tell by the pictures. We'll see soon.

HEY DREXX!

'Sup John? :) I'm here in the Philippines right now, wheeling my US-spec UZJ-100. I'm looking next week to trade my turbo-diesel 1996 GMC Suburban for a nice 10-seater 80-series, a 1997 with dual-tanks, no fenders, and a manual tranny with part-time 4wd. White :)

Looks good, but whats that new cruiser shot? Looks like a freaking infiniti.

-Matt

08Nov2004 (UTC +8)

Ya, that new ARB bumper looks big but I think it's a great crash-protection equipment and seem to be able to handle more external load on the carriers -factors that are more important than ground clearance for some. You see, many 'Cruiser wagons outside N. America have two "third" seats that face each other, to accomodate four people (3 in front, 3 or four in middle, and 4 in rear for a max total of 11). As the saying goes, horses for courses.

Very cool but 2500.......................................... :eek:

Not even if I saved my allowance............ :flipoff2:

it goes the other way

would be less in USD

drexx said:
08Nov2004 (UTC +8)

'Sup John? :) I'm here in the Philippines right now, wheeling my US-spec UZJ-100.

Get back here Drexx. I need your help. I'm sinking in the forum because I'm the only 100 advocate left. :D

Do I hear a group buy...

It might be sold for $1000-1200 in US since I believe the ARB front bumper cost like $1500 in Australia. It might look better without the swing away tire carrier.

Come on MacNeil. You're in the US so importing's not an issue. You can snag a Slee 100 bumper whereas the Aussies can't. Paint match that Slee, pop it on your awesome 100, improve it's functionality, and save $$$ compared to that ARB.

OK, it's a little early to be that positive. :D Looking closely though at the pics I have of both....while the ARB looks all nice and fancy in those pics (paint matched, styling, etc) it does look HUGE and HEAVY. Slees more aggressive and smaller bumper is 200+ pounds already. What can that ARB weigh? The thing looks like it'll drag everywhere. I suppose if one really doesn't run the trails that much the ARB would be fine. I bet my paint matched and loaded Slee bumper will overall look just as cool....when paint matched. I think that's the key?

Any how, it's too early to tell. Gotta see more pics (or in person).

Personally, I like leaving it black. Matches the other black trim on the truck (wind deflector, roof rack, sliders [heh], etc.). Plus, looks more aggressive, IMHO. Now on a Lexus, I think you gotta go with the bling bling paint match! ;)

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to paint match that big red hi-lift jack? All the bolts, etc! Might just buy a cover for it? Where's my Slee bumper! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom