FJ-40 Rear Seat Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need your help! Just finished welding up my cage from Mark @ MetalTech. Unfortuantely I can no longer use my rear jump seats. I could not find the old thread for rear seats, so can you help me find the best option for a forward facing, hopefully fold and tumble rear seat? Any photos would be appreicated. Thanks for all of your help. Ben

you are in luck ben, i have a folding suzuki seat that i'll sell to you if you want it.

also, are you sure you can't just move the jump seats out from the cage a bit? i love the look of the jumpseats (that's why i'm sellin the other one).

you might want to try searching at www.pirate4x4.com/forum there was a good thread a month back or so

malphrus

If I knew how to post cross threads to the pirate site, I would. The fact of the matter is that ConFerr Products was the only outfit that ever made a forward facing rear seat specifically for the FJ40. I don't know if they still have pics of it on their website, but I do know that they are no longer making them.

I have purchased all of the remaining seats they had. Seat bottoms anchor to the top of the rear wheelwells. Seatbacks fold forward on two of the three models available. Models are standard (no storage), custom (storage under cushion) and deluxe (storage under AND behind seat) Link to pics here:

http://www.marksoffroad.net/catalogue/Catalogue30.html

Last edited:
I used a rear fold and tumble seat from an older K5 Blazer (late 70s - early 80s). This sits nicely on the wheel wells (which puts the kids up high enough to see) between the rollbar posts. I had to fabricate some brackets and I want to get a cover for it but it even comes with seatbelts and armrests build in.
My cost for the seat from the juskjard - $25.00

I'll try to get photos later today. At work now...

Eric

The TJ rear seat fits perfectly between the rear fenders and it folds and tumbles forward with room to clear the factory rear heater.
No pictures of just the seat, but here's my boys enjoying Moab last week...

Man-A-Fre just started making a pretty slick rear seat for FJ40's - kinda pricy, but looks really stout (and matches factory seat covers). Here's a linky.

FJ40rrbench.jpg

Tucker

Jason,

What did you do for seat belts with the TJ seat??? Is it LATCH equipped for the car seats?

Jody.

Photos of the Blazer seat:

The rear bracket up close

Front bracket - passenger side

Front bracket driver side

I ended up buying the TJ type fold and tumble rear seat which has worked well. For seat belts I ran a long piece of thick angle iron along behind the seat, bolted down to frame. Then I attached the seat belts to this angle iron. I have 3 sets for my kids all bolted to the angle iron. Seems very solid.

troy

If you really want the LATCH tiedowns then just ADD THEM.

You are already adding seats that are not factory. IT would take another 20 mins to drill and bolt attatchments for the baby seats..

72, still got that sammy seat? Got pics?

if you can get your hands on some of the wider jumpseats, one of them fits nicely facing forward and you know they will match the factory covers. don't have any pics of the setup because its still in the planning stages for me but once i get mine finished i have an extra (wide) seat that i'll be selling

you know i still got the sammy seat, mace, ha ha.

no pics as of right now. headin home for mothers' day, could take some then and pick it up from the shed.

it's your's for 30+ shipping

malphrus

As long as it is in reasonable conditon consider it gone :D

I installed a fold and tumble rear seat out of an 88 Dodge Raider.Isuzu Trooper II seats are the same.I am very happy with it. I have no pics but it was a cheap and an easy install.

I used the rear seat and the front seats of a Saab 900. It took some work to get the rear seat to work but it looks good because it matches the front seats. I lower portion folds ahead to the backs of the front seats and the back portion folds down flat against the wheel wells. I have a big storage drawer underneath the whole thing. This setup is fairly permanent however, the back seat back is overlaid w/ diamond plate and is sturdy enough to hold my camp box and bedroll. Seatbelts are from the Saab as well, mounted to 6 point cage.

aight mace,

hopefully gonna be able to grab it today while i'm home for mothers' day.

malphrus

Thank you all for the info and photos. I am off to the wrecker with a tape and some tools. Malphros, if Mace does not take the Suzuki seat drop me a note. Thanks again. Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom