wheels turned out to not be expected) 1/4" spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
Ok the wheels that I was supposed to get were not as described to me. Luckily no money lost but now I have wheels that have a back space 1/4" too shallow (3.75 back spacing). They clear the steering stuff but if a weight is added for balance, the weight will rub a bit. I could probably get by with the adhesive ones that do not go on the lip of the wheel. I have used wheel spacers in the past (quality ones that bolted to the studs then the wheel bolted to the spacer) but I don't need anything that deep. I just need 1/4". So to try it out, I pick up a 1/4" spacer and stuck it on. I still have the same amount of stud sticking out as my old wheels b/c they were thicker so that isn't a problem. But, what are your comments on using 1/4" spacers like these?

Of course they will be 6 lug.

Last edited:
I've used them. No problem. Any tire shop sells them.

Yep, the spacers work fine.

1/4" is not an issue with stock wheel studs.
you'll be able to clear the wheel weight just fine.go any thicker and you may have stud and nut issues.

if you want i may have two you can have, but i wont be able to ship for a couple days.

I have the .25 spacers on my 76 with no problems.

Yup, no problems - two years. Had the same problem - got a set of custom made stazworks beadlocks and they hit my 4x4 labs high steer. 1/4" saved it.

1/4" is not an issue with stock wheel studs.
you'll be able to clear the wheel weight just fine.go any thicker and you may have stud and nut issues.

if you want i may have two you can have, but i wont be able to ship for a couple days.

Thanks! PM sent.

1/4" spacers

Not sure if I just had a bad set or I torqued them unevenly, but when using them my tires wobbled going down the road. I even had people tell me that my wheels were about to fall off or I had bent axles. :beer: I don't use them - Just my 2 cents.

I've also had the wobble issue. I took the spacers off and they lay flat so I'm not sure what the cause was/is. I even had them rebalanced by a different person to make sure they where balanced correctly. Not sure what the wobble is from. I've heard of people grinding the tie rod ends down to eliminate the need for spacers.

Was the wobble on the rear? I had a buddy that went with aftermarket wheels and it looked the same way. Upon further inspection, the tire guys didn't remove the retaining screw in the drum which made it uneven. Yook it out and all was good.

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom