LC200 Driver Seating (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Madtiger

Mini-Doug
Threads
Ok, i have waited until over 6 months of ownership of my Ford to give opinion.

Bottom line, Toyota needs to rethink their driver’s seat and the whole driving position.

I have driven a 4runner, LC, GX, and LX. They all are great vehicles. But the driving position is never great. I am just not that comfy…either you sit low, lack of leg support, right arm has no where to rest, seat comfort itself, driver door hard, or any combination of these things.

I have always owned a Japanese car and thought that this was the norm. Then I got a Ford recently. And damn, the driving position is heavenly!! You sit up high. Headroom galore despite the high position. Seat is generous in support everywhere. Elbow support…big center console that is perfect height! Everything can be adjusted, even the pedals.

It is such a big difference that I actually prefer to drive the Ford long distance than the LC, even though LC has better suspension comfort and better backseat for my kids. And of course, LC is super reliable and durable (even tho my Ford has been flawless at 17k miles so far).

And here is the thing…I am not some big American guy that this Ford was design for. I am 5’8” BMI 23. I should fit way better In the Japanese designed LC.

Whatever human model Toyota is using to design their driving position needs to get trash!

Last edited:
I agree. I bought an LX for the thigh support on driver seat but at 6’3 I could use more.

American suvs are definitely more comfortable

Same complaints about the LC200 driver seat, I think you need to give this a shot, i'm 5k miles and 6 months in, would endorse it at this point.

I agree. Best seats I've experienced for long drives were in a newer F150. Second best was actually Japanese for me. 2003 Mitsubishi Montero. More American truck-like seating than anything Japanese.

I did add rear seat jackers to my LX and 5th gen 4r which helped noticeably for me. I prefer a more flat chair-like position than having a ton of thigh support.

Bottom line, Toyota needs to rethink their driver’s seat and the whole driving position.

I have driven a 4runner, LC, GX, and LX. They all are great vehicles. But the driving position is never great. I am just not that comfy…either you sit low, lack of leg support, right arm has no where to rest, seat comfort itself, driver door hard, or any combination of these things.

I have always owned a Japanese car and thought that this was the norm. Then I got a Ford recently. And damn, the driving position is heavenly!! You sit up high. Headroom galore despite the high position. Seat is generous in support everywhere. Elbow support…big center console that is perfect height! Everything can be adjusted, even the pedals.

It is such a big difference that I actually prefer to drive the Ford long distance than the LC, even though LC has better suspension comfort and better backseat for my kids. And of course, LC is super reliable and durable (even tho my Ford has been flawless at 17k miles so far).

And here is the thing…I am not some big American guy that this Ford was design for. I am 5’8” BMI 23. I should fit way better In the Japanese designed LC.

Whatever human model Toyota is using to design their driving position needs to get trash!

This is basically literally everything with this brand and the reason im always looking at German cars and RRs.
They get sooooo much wrong in soooo many places.

Im glad you made this post and im curious what you bought etc. Still have the 200?

This is basically literally everything with this brand and the reason im always looking at German cars and RRs.
They get sooooo much wrong in soooo many places.

Im glad you made this post and im curious what you bought etc. Still have the 200?
See my signature…it is up to date with what i have. The LC is my garage queen. :D

Ive driven a lot of cars and trucks. Other than Volvo (pre 2015) and recent Bentley, Land Cruiser front seats are the most comfy. But it is super objective.

I’m 6’3” and a fit 200 lbs.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I’m a big guy, almost 6’4” and ~275 lbs and I think these seats were made for me. No stupid bolsters that dig into my kidneys and sides of my thighs, and just enough thigh support for long drives. I do wish the seats went a bit lower because depending on the hat I wear it can rub on the ceiling, but that’s with most vehicles anyway.

I agree that the LC200 seats are not fantastic, but I don’t think they are bad either. I just completed a 7.5 hr trip to buffalo and the same hrs back and the LX600 seats are far superior (to my ass at least) with a lot less body fatigue. My last year trip in the LC200 wasn’t nearly as good.

I felt the same way until I sat inside a new UX300h last week. It felt like heaven, my body started to relax just sitting first few moments. My suspicion is Lexus has figured this out finally but selectively choosing where to put it. I don't know why they don't want to put it on their high end models. I am half tempted to trade my LC in for the UX300h or RAV4 hybrid prime. As much as I believe in the safety of the LC its too hefty for me lately for a daily driver. Subaru solterra is on the list as its 100% toyota with AWD. The Aussies seem to like it for mild offroading minus the range problem but they are going for $25k with 2k miles.

I felt the same way until I sat inside a new UX300h last week. It felt like heaven, my body started to relax just sitting first few moments. My suspicion is Lexus has figured this out finally but selectively choosing where to put it. I don't know why they don't want to put it on their high end models. I am half tempted to trade my LC in for the UX300h or RAV4 hybrid prime. As much as I believe in the safety of the LC its too hefty for me lately for a daily driver. Subaru solterra is on the list as its 100% toyota with AWD. The Aussies seem to like it for mild offroading minus the range problem but they are going for $25k with 2k miles.
Consider the Ford F150 PowerBoost. Yeah it is a Ford and reliability sucks. But my Ford must have been made on a Wednesday…problem free so far. Anyways, it gets 23 mpg city and highway on REGULAR gas. It weighs as much as LC200. 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Rides pretty good. Quiet as LC. Tows 11k lbs. And if you get the $750 option, you then have a 7.2kW generator to power your house or a Tesla!! :)

City driving:
1711659316592.jpeg

Last edited:
I have never been a pickup guy even though I find them aesthetically appealing. Either SUV or van and either I am getting old or just tired of the extra heft when traveling so I am contemplating moving from SUV to compact CUV. Something that gets 50-100mpg. I prefer compact vans but not seeing anything enticing other than canoo which is a bit pricey in my opinion. My overlanding spirit wants a canoo like vehicle for mobile office/mini lifestyle vehicle when I feel like getting out of house for long periods. My current list for LC replacement: lexus ux250h, rav4 prime, prius prime, subaru solterra (if I get 200 miles in winter im satisfied, almost what I get in LC with RW), canoo, vw microbus (i think its too small, height and cargo area). My new biggest requirement is a super comfortable seat (not luxurious but gives great support for long drives). The idea of super cheap travel is also enticing. Toyota's plug-in hybrid idea appeals most to me but not finding a lifestyle vehicle. Waiting to hear what they will do to RAV4 2025 (wishing its more lifestyle friendly).

You can see the seating position is one of the main benefits of this vehicle. After Toyota destroyed my back they invented the car for enjoyable, fun driving experience. Only issue is its a bit slow.

Seating comfort is entirely subjective. What feels good for one, not so much for someone with a different physique.

I’m 6’2” and 175lbs, and find my Land Cruiser seats every bit as comfortable as those in my F250–which I love. Some of my vehicles aren’t comfortable for me on long trips, but are great for what they are designed to do on a track day or for cars/coffee, etc.

Having driven my LC from coast to coast—I would not change a thing in terms of ergonomics.

Last edited:
Fully agree its subjective but I think Toyota has learned/advanced alot since the 200 came out. Toyota has been behind the curve on seat comfort and is finally catching up now in some vehicles is what I feel.

I just completed a 6 hour trip and do wish the seats were more comfortable. The bottom cushion is extremely soft and there is not a lot of adjustability. My other daily is an Audi A6 Allroad and the adjustability and comfort is fantastic and the massage function is rather decent as well. I’ve always gotten along well with German seats. But everyone has different criteria and I find myself driving the LC more despite the seats and horrible gas mileage, lol.

6'7" & 280lbs....

Agreed my F150 is more comfortable for long drives, but the LX570 is still perfectly fine

I'm 6'4" and my head rubs the headliner. Not sure how you manage unless you lean the seat way back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom