Did you ride today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The original plan was just a solo gravel ride in N. Georgia. Until the Bear Creek singletrack called. No one else was out there surprisingly.
Man, I almost never use the Tacoma anymore. This LX is just too comfy for bike trips.
IMG_4247.jpeg
IMG_4243.jpeg
IMG_4251.jpeg

IMG_7862.jpeg
IMG_7863.jpeg
my first ride in three months. 😩. the weather work and illness have kept me off my bike most of this winter. i went for a wet @ss ride tonight in the first real spring melt!! it was all city trails as my son is in town for music tonight. it’s hard at night to tell what’s ice and what’s water!!

I have 99% finished a monstercross build on a frame that I’ve had for over a decade. It started life as a single speed 29er, someone cut it for a belt drive, and I’ve ridden it as a belt drive, a drop bar monstercross, 1x11 mountain bike, and now back to monster Cross with AXS transmission. I rode it a few miles today to check fit, and as a gentle shakedown. I think everything works and it’s time to tape the bars and put in some serious miles.

IMG_4128.jpeg

And Onur, I rode a Kona Fire Mountain (my first MTB!) fully rigid that I converted to fixie back in the late 90s… I found a magic gear that worked with the vertical dropouts and it was something like 46 x 17 on the hilly streets of Pittsburgh. There’s no farkng way my knees could push that now.

Hit up a local ride I havent tried in years due to fires, switched it up to a out and back since the loop here is a terrible forest road and steep as hell. This ride kicked my a$$ LOL. Brutal(for me) inclines for the length but super fun. First time I stopped on the downhill for a while, shew.
If I can get past the pain, this is looking to be my new favorite back yard ride until the snow melts. Also didn't realize it but they even named a portion of the trail after me :cool:. Fun diamond/ double diamond one way with a slick rock sort of vibe.
1712352069572.png

1712352094971.png

1712352282350.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom