door latch repairs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my passenger door, the toothed wheel in the door is just free spinning. Is there a repair for these, or do I just need to replace it? Are there more modern/reliable upgraded parts I can use to do this or is this the only available version?

I can remember what page (‘rear body mounts is my thread) but I went with a different route. Am pleased with the results.
I see the pins on 114, but I dont see which page the door side is on? I should probably add that I dont have a welder... or garage.... lol

the toothed wheel in the door is just free spinning
I'm betting the mechanism (little arms) in there that control the star wheel are gummed up and just need a good cleaning. It's not a fun job, but can be done in the driveway with hand tools. It would be a good idea to do all the doors.

I'm betting the mechanism (little arms) in there that control the star wheel are gummed up and just need a good cleaning. It's not a fun job, but can be done in the driveway with hand tools. It would be a good idea to do all the doors.
this i can hope for. the passenger inner handle was ripped off, when I put one on there the mechanism was frozen solid. couple blasts of carb cleaner and now its perfect so I hope i continue to be that lucky with the door latches lol

Update on that - It worked for the driver rear door perfectly. But the front passenger is just boogered. There is some slop in/out so when it catches, it like tilts and pops free again

You'll have to go inside the door and take it all out in order to check what's going on. There's a lot of moving parts in there, but nothing too hard to figure out.

IMG_2018.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom