Events/Trails Cruisers on the Rockies: Silverton Colorado July 24-28 -- EARLY REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 24 (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For guys unfamiliar with COTR events we us SCHED for online trail signups and also for event scheduling. We do sign ups a few weeks before the event and everyone is able to pick the runs they want and also change runs up until the run starts. We also give a description of the trail, whose leading, primary and backup radio channels and frequencies, meetup coordinates, and a difficulty level. On the event side we also give times and sign ups for activities, workshops, and dinners. There is no requirement to sign up for activities and dinners to attend but we do require trail signups.
Sched is easily accessible on a desktop or any mobile device.
Once registration is over I also send out a series of emails over several weeks to attendees to explain what to expect, how to prepare, what the difficulty levels mean, and other info.
Here's a link to the SCHED schedule from last Octobers COTR3. Make sure you check it out!

3U5A7438.JPG

Last edited:
All COTR events use GMRS/FRS for trail communications. I believe that proper trail coms are important not only for overall enjoyment of a run but for safety as well. We wanted to make sure that good communiuctaion is available to everyone without licensing, tuning, or high price. GMRS/FRS fits this requirement perfectly.
Primary and backup channels and frequencies for each run are posted on SCED at least 2 weeks prior to the event so all participants have the opportunity to program and test their radios if necessary. Participants will know the channels and frequencies they will be running each day of the event well in advance so there are no surprises.
It's worked great at every COTR event!
Here's a little article Midland Radio did about trail communications at COTR3:

Oh, almost forgot!
Thanks to @cruiserpatch we also give all attendees a laminated reference card sized to fit the clear plastic pocket on the sun visor at event check in 👍

IMG_4422.jpeg

I wanted to share that three of my closest friends and COTR Trail Leaders, Matt Huey (@DeuceDeuse13) , Shawn Pugmire (@Noble Oak) , and Aaron Thorne (@aaronrules) are active military or veteran. I'm honored to have these men as friends and proud to have them on the COTR team.

As a thank you to these men and all the other active military and veterans in the community I'm excited to announce that we will be offering a 10% discount and early registration at Cruisers on the Rockies, Cruisers on the Rocks 4, and all future COTR events to those that serve or have served.

Thank you so very much for your service!

Matt Huey
NOVA4371July 27, 20226240 x 4160exports-ut-co_patch.JPG

Shawn Pugmire
IMG_4919.JPG

Aaron Thorne
3U5A9190.jpeg

Last edited:
we'll be in Ouray at that time, will have to pop down :) Great area for events!

we'll be in Ouray at that time, will have to pop down :) Great area for events!
Please do. We would be happy to have you!

Please do. We would be happy to have you!
I’m still working out the process on that but there will be more updates and instructions on how before registration opens 👍

Last edited:
I wanted to share that three of my closest friends and COTR Trail Leaders, Matt Huey (@DeuceDeuse13) , Shawn Pugmire (@Noble Oak) , and Aaron Thorne (@aaronrules) are active military or veteran. I'm honored to have these men as friends and proud to have them on the COTR team.

As a thank you to these men and all the other active military and veterans in the community I'm excited to announce that we will be offering a 10% discount and early registration at Cruisers on the Rockies, Cruisers on the Rocks 4, and all future COTR events to those that serve or have served.

Thank you so very much for your service!

Matt Huey
View attachment 3574419

Shawn Pugmire
View attachment 3574423

Aaron Thorne
View attachment 3574426
Man I gotta get out there and get some non fat bastard pics taken! LOL.

Cannot wait for July! As I’ve said for the last 5 years, I WILL BE THERE THIS YEAR! LOL

Last edited:
That's a sexy gold LX at the bottom. The new owner is getting a divorce and wants to sell her. It's fully built and at least triple locked. Would be the perfect 100 for someone interested in going. DM me and I can put you in touch.

That's a sexy gold LX at the bottom. The new owner is getting a divorce and wants to sell her. It's fully built and at least triple locked. Would be the perfect 100 for someone interested in going. DM me and I can put you in touch.
That was probably the best looking Grandpa Gold LX that I've ever seen Matt! It made me a believer. :)
You should make sure you comment over in the Cruisers on the Rockies 100 Series Thread :steer:

I've been fielding a lot of questions lately about our registration process so I thought I would go ahead and make a post with some info.

Cruisers on the Rockies and COTR4 both have a cap of 100 trucks. I feel like this is large enough to get most people in but small enough to still give the event the intimate feel that people love. The way we structure the event and activities it gives everyone a chance to meet.

When I started planning the very first COTR I knew that I wanted to promote community and build a family. So from the very first it was decided to always give previous COTR attendees the opportunity of early registration before public registration starts BUT I also decided to guarantee AT LEAST 25 new spots for each event. Sometimes that might put us little over our 100 truck cap but thats ok, we make it work. I feel like if we have to have 110 or 115 at an event its worth it to give the new guys a shot.

In our newlestter and at the event you'll hear me talk about the "COTR Family" quite a bit. Cause that what it is, a family. This is such a great and unique community. I'm so proud to be a part of it. I can't wait to see you guys soon!
IMG_5026.JPG

February COTR newsletter will be emailed out tomorrow! If you haven’t subscribed yet head over to cruisersontherocks.com and get it done!!!

3U5A9881.jpeg

Looks like a blast. I’ll be in Ouray for the LCDC the following week, but maybe next year. I’ll gladly run Black Bear, Imogene, and some other red trails but I’ve seen your photos and not sure I’m brave enough to wheel my LC as hard as you do though man!

Looks like a blast. I’ll be in Ouray for the LCDC the following week, but maybe next year. I’ll gladly run Black Bear, Imogene, and some other red trails but I’ve seen your photos and not sure I’m brave enough to wheel my LC as hard as you do though man!
Yeah. It should be a good time. Wheeling the San Juan’s is kinda like a spa day for my group. If you wanna do some tough wheeling try and make our October east coast event at Windrock one year. We offer plenty of easy and moderate guided trail runs but our difficulty runs can be interesting. Everyone is aware of the consequences going in but I think on one of our difficult runs last year 9 out of 10 took body damage 😜
And again all COTR events are exclusive to 100s and 200s so you never have to worry about moderate and difficult runs being picked for an 80 on 40s👍

Last edited:
Yeah. It should be a good time. Wheeling the San Juan’s is kinda like a spa day for my group. If you wanna do some tough wheeling try and make our October east coast event at Windrock one year. We offer plenty of easy and moderate guided trail runs but our difficulty runs can be interesting. Everyone is aware of the consequences going in but I think on one of our difficult runs last year 9 out of 10 took body damage 😜
And again all COTR events are exclusive to 100s and 200s so you never have to worry about moderate and difficult runs being picked for an 80 on 40s👍
Heh, maybe. I’m doing CM this spring but Windrock could be a lot of fun to do at some point. Not sure I’ll have enough vacation time left to do it this year, but maybe…

I’d consider riding shotgun for one of those difficult runs and taking photos for ya, but since my wife DD’s the LC I’ll never hear the end of it if I take significant body damage.

I definitely have put this event on the to do list. And like @linuxgod I'll be less "full send" than you. Met you at CM in 22' "helping" you up a run after you broke right rear.

20220429_121551.jpg

20220429_123509.jpg

20220429_123232.jpg

I definitely have put this event on the to do list. And like @linuxgod I'll be less "full send" than you. Met you at CM in 22' "helping" you up a run after you broke right rear.
Oh yeah. That was a nightmare to get fixed 2500 miles from home.
That was back when I was pushing and trying to find limits of the 200. Well I found it.:steer: Since then I've slowed down some. Especilly when I'm 2K miles from home. That was supposed to be the easiest run I did the entire trip. Just going out on @nakman run for an easy day. Well, it just shows anything can happen at anytime.:meh:
I'll be out at CM this year but mainly just exploring with good buddies and chilling. No matter what it's always a blast!
IMG_2849.jpeg
IMG_3018.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom