The 2H/12H-T/1HZ/1HD-T/1HD-FT Gturbo Alternative Tech Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thankyou again.
Having a deeper look into the local availability, it seems that there is an better availability of Mitsubishi turbo's and goodies here. Most have the funny OEM compressor housings but good solid TD4 cores are available. I have not seen too many AR values on the turbine housings but I am assuming the the 6cm and 7cm inlets say it all, and that i should go with the 6cm (lower AR, faster spool ) looking at my wishlist . Building off of a good core now makes sense to me as it leaves options all round.
As an opening bid, using my basic understandings so far say: TD04HL-19T. Lower AR turbine housing , lower ( 9??) turbine blade count, higher compressor blade count ( 11) still not sure about the compressor housing. Is anti surge even necessary in my application/ wheel choice. can it hurt to have it anyway ??
Stay with the lower AR's ??
shoot me down, i have a thick skin and am busy learning fast.
G

Thankyou again.
Having a deeper look into the local availability, it seems that there is an better availability of Mitsubishi turbo's and goodies here. Most have the funny OEM compressor housings but good solid TD4 cores are available. I have not seen too many AR values on the turbine housings but I am assuming the the 6cm and 7cm inlets say it all, and that i should go with the 6cm (lower AR, faster spool ) looking at my wishlist . Building off of a good core now makes sense to me as it leaves options all round.
As an opening bid, using my basic understandings so far say: TD04HL-19T. Lower AR turbine housing , lower ( 9??) turbine blade count, higher compressor blade count ( 11) still not sure about the compressor housing. Is anti surge even necessary in my application/ wheel choice. can it hurt to have it anyway ??
Stay with the lower AR's ??
shoot me down, i have a thick skin and am busy learning fast.
G

MHI used cm for A/R values. Their turbines are generally smaller and more active than Garrett turbos with the same compressor size.

6-7cm turbine housing will be fine. Turbine blades you want 11. 12 is the original but it's an older and less efficient design. 11 blades is fast spool which is ideal for diesels at altitude, 9 blades is high flow for ricers.
Compressor blades don't matter much. Extended tip compressors are better for surge resistance. Anti-surge isn't necessary but most will have it.

A stock 1HZ IMO go 12psi max, no need to intercool. This will give you sea-level power plus a bit more on stock fuel and will run clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom