What have you been doing with your Toyota? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fan made contact on full flex. Plus a few small things. But did well. This one I got in San Diego. Had an easy pavement SoCal life. That’s over now. But a great base rig to get setup for what we need. Have to reinforce a few spots on the frame and steering box before they crack. That’s a job for next week before I can fully start testing them.
IMG_1356.jpeg
IMG_1355.jpeg

Never going to be as clean as they were yesterday. Might even have a pin stripe or few under the mud. The Paint was only 18k per truck.

The wife and I took the 40 out for a cruise last night. We dropped the kiddo off with Grandma and then grabbed some shakes and sweet potato fries at Best Burger in 4 Corners. Then we made our way out to Revenue Flats, which is as green as I've even seen it and not very dusty. We tooled around there for a bit before making our way back to 287 via N Meadow Creek Road. The old truck held 72 mph over the pass and then we turned off on Bradley Creek rd, which is in excellent shape except for the 1/4 mile on either side of the high point. There were a lot of folks fishing the Madison, but the Warm Springs launch is gated so no tubers yet. Overall, a really nice drive.

I also got a pretty good start at fabricating a fan shroud. The 40 does really well at maintaining temperature at speeds above 25 mph, but below that it can get a bit hot. I'm hoping that a fan shroud will help with low speed cooling without screwing up high speed cooling too much.
fan shroud.jpg

Also, I figured out that the welder works a lot better if you remember to turn the gas on.

Like I said. Sailor does excellent work. Give him your idea. Trust him / let him create. It usually takes a bit but is definitely well worth the wait. Picking that GX up tomorrow. Got all the skids and sliders stacked up for it. Front bumper and suspension gets here next week. Hope to run it by July.
IMG_1387.jpeg
IMG_1388.jpeg

Rehab taco got sealed up today. Not had proper glass in a while. Have a fox 2.5 setup for it off a hilux out for rebuild. Hopefully back soon.

Got all the bracing / pre fixing week spots etc done last week. Today was the first day I was up running the full course. All the hills etc. this afternoon when up top watched a major T storm go up the shields valley. Zoom in to the left above the windshield. Watched that for about a minute.
IMG_1424.jpeg

Fixed my GFC after catastrophic failure of the awning. Pretty straightforward. Just had to swap the side piece and take out those four little bolts to replace the whole t rail section.
IMG_3589.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg
IMG_3588.jpeg
IMG_3587.jpeg

d7862a30-3940-454b-9b26-d14aa2456b23.jpeg

A well used truck we sold 10 ish years ago just came back. Was a work truck for a few years. Bent frame on rocks so sold cheap. Only work trip pics I could dig up. But has put 140k since it left. Don’t sell many rigs. But cool it came back. Parts then pacific but cool to remember the dozen or so work trips it did.
3ffc9f91-a8d8-4b5f-88f2-34210adce350.jpeg

Oops wrong thread

Last edited:
Greased my drive line, shafts took 30+ pumps, spiders just a few pumps. Used Lucas Red and Tacky #2.

Also knocked some clumps of mud off underneath components missed by (multiple) pressure washings. Probably from Jellison run.

View attachment 3373689
A well used truck we sold 10 ish years ago just came back. Was a work truck for a few years. Bent frame on rocks so sold cheap. Only work trip pics I could dig up. But has put 140k since it left. Don’t sell many rigs. But cool it came back. Parts then pacific but cool to remember the dozen or so work trips it did. View attachment 3373694
LOL is this what you do on "work trips " ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom