Working alone - tools or tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who made that rear bumper? Post a full pic?
It's from Dave at 4plus.

jTPvQ6l.jpg

Here's a helpful garage cleaning tip. If you're being lazy about cleaning up spills and have random stains and dirt in the corners, just drop a full bottle of car wash on the floor, so it busts open and makes a huge puddle. Then you'll get the motivation to spend the next couple of hours moving everything out of the garage and cleaning it with the power washer. Make sure you splash it on your Quickjack frames so you'll get to clean those off as well.

PXL_20230429_161403103.jpg

Follow me for more garage tips and tricks #IAMADUMBASS

Does anyone ever use 4 Rhino ramps to get the whole truck up and level?

I had some exchange credit at AutoZone so I picked up a pair (not four) of the 12,000 lb variant. I plan on using these to change fluids.

Is everyone’s experience with these positive?

I had some exchange credit at AutoZone so I picked up a pair (not four) of the 12,000 lb variant. I plan on using these to change fluids.

I have been using them for about 7 plus years. They are working out well. Still only using the two, may get a couple more in the future . One ramp ended up getting a little mangled due to a driver initiated error when someone rolled off the end lol. Still works just fine but stacking the two together takes a little more effort and force.

Tip for working alone - Have your phone or cellular enabled smartwatch with you at all times in the event you need to call for help or send SOS message.

Came to mind today after I was cutting up a fallen tree with a chainsaw.

These are along a similar line to the Handee Clamp, in that the open end of the wrench has a metal plate that will hold the nut/bolt. The handee clamp actually clamps the nut/bolt, which I am sure is more convenient.

I like to stick these on, and sometimes wrap with tape afterwards, tools that I want to be magnetic.

This is a handy way to get 2 usb outlets for charging whatever usb things you've got. Not really a tool, but it is a nice to have when on a trip further afield.

This flashlight has helped me countless times, not just when working on the truck alone. The dual direction clip actually works, and the base is strongly magnetic. USB charging helps, no need for spare batteries.

I've been using them for about 5 years. Love them for fluid changes, undercoat application time, basically any time I want to get a vehicle in the air and don't need to remove wheels.

Tip for working alone - Have your phone or cellular enabled smartwatch with you at all times in the event you need to call for help or send SOS message.

Came to mind today after I was cutting up a fallen tree with a chainsaw.
Good call. I had a friend get killed cutting trees with a chainsaw. Not a neophyte, but not a pro either. idk that a cell phone would've saved him, but always a good idea to have several options of communicating with those not immediately in the area.

For fluid exchanges I use 4 Rhino ramps to get the truck up and level. One of the best recent tool investments I’ve made.

I have a pair of race ramps that I can't fit under my budbuilt sliders. That'd be awesome to have the whole truck elevated without jack stands, etc. I may look into something different. Or grin and bare it until it gets a mild lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom