Help identifying rusted out part in underbody area (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had to look for something under the car recently and noticed the area circled in blue. Can’t tell if this is something that should be replaced. Any idea what part rusted out ?

609BFEF3-D6AB-404E-8462-C86D3C72B182.jpeg

D3E79131-80B5-4D8C-BEFC-5260DE7F9C7C.jpeg

Every salt belt 200 I've seen will have that piece rusted out. No big deal. But if you get a OEM one again, it will start rusting out again.

Every salt belt 200 I've seen will have that piece rusted out. No big deal. But if you get a OEM one again, it will start rusting out again.
Or put the cost of a new OEM skid toward aftermarket skids.

Thanks for the details everyone. Is removing this rusted out piece and replacing with an OEM or aftermarket skid plate a quick job ? That is , can I just remove this one part by itself or is accessing it an ordeal ? I checked out the parts diagram from the earlier post , but that made it seem like an involved process.

It is easily removed.

Replacement depends on what you put in its place. You can bolt on another factory skid easily.

Depending upon what you plan to do with your 200 you may want something sturdier.

I have the Budbuilt replacement skid system that introduces a custom crossmember so the skid is no longer attached to that fragile aluminum casing. It is much sturdier and more protective, but would be major overkill for a commuter car, kid hauler, mall crawler.

Thanks for the details everyone. Is removing this rusted out piece and replacing with an OEM or aftermarket skid plate a quick job ? That is , can I just remove this one part by itself or is accessing it an ordeal ? I checked out the parts diagram from the earlier post , but that made it seem like an involved process.
I probably still have that piece in my storage from swapping to Bud Built

Pay to ship and it’s yours- I can look tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom