Hello. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my name is Adam. I’m from Raleigh NC. Hope you all are well. I have a ‘71 (mostly) FJ40…with a ‘72 tranny (for a friendly 1st gear) that was a focus of attention for many years. My wife called her “my girlfriend” for a long time. Anyway, years have gone by and some engine tuning issued turned into abandonment when my children came along. Right now, I’m looking to find someone who would like to treat her right (my truck,…I got my wife covered). I’ll post in the classified once I get the privileges ironed out. Tomorrow, I’ll get some pictures and take stock of the spare parts I’ve collected awaiting the day when I’d re-engage with her. Thank you for your time.

Kids and wife come first but it is sad you have to give up what you like because of it.
Times are a lot different now days but in my younger days I did not let the fact that I had a family stop me from living my life.
Good luck with your sale.

I hear that man. Hard to find the time to work on the 40. Balancing work, kids, wives, and girlfriends is a tough business. These things have really increased in value lately, I’m sure you’ll get a decent price.
Consider a couple of things though (which I’m sure you have already).
I sold mine about 20 years ago, and couldn’t get it out of my head, I had to buy it back. Thankfully mine went to a family member so I basically paid what I sold it for - I don’t think I’d be so lucky if I were to buy one on the open market.
It isn’t costing you anything sitting (except space and the odd feeling of guilt for not touching her).
Could you hold onto it for a few years till family commitments quiet down a bit?

Either way, a hard decision, and I wish you the best with the sale and family life!
—Wife (singular) and girlfriends referring to the cruiser :)

4x4vet - I think you misunderstood me sir. Nothing has stopped me from living the life I choose nor from doing what I hold most dear in my life. I make my own decisions and priorities…and the FJ has just dropped down the list. Wish I had 40hrs/days and an extra garage bay - I’d reassess my situation.

Turner - I’m still considering holding onto the truck. My issue is I don’t have any conditioned space in which to keep it, so I’m battling with moisture…and rust. Even under a tarp/awning, humidity and condensate lead to more undesirables. If I lived in Arizona or some other dry climate, I could probably leave the truck outside indefinitely without issue. But here in NC, with our state plants are mold/mildew, everything seems to rot. I don’t want to wait 20years and come back to find the truck is beyond repair/restoration…

You also can post in the local club site. ONSC. A lot of good people in this area. Maybe some local interest. My 40 has a dry spot to sit inside until the day it is reborn. Hopefully sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom