Check engine P0051 and possible culprits. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just changed both Oxygen sensors on my 2004 LC with 92k after getting a check engine light. I am still getting a Check engine light P0051 (Bank2, sensor 1) after putting in new Denso sensors and disconnecting the battery. I don't have any dashboard lights out (as suggested as possible culprit in a thread). BTW, Both VSC lights go ON whenever this happens. I don't know where to go from here and wonder if anybody has any suggestions or links to a thread that will help me resolve this. Thanks for looking and your input!

P0051 I believe is for the heater circuit on the air/fuel sensor (the first one in line after the exhaust manifold). Verify that you replaced the sensor with the right one (by part number). Even though they have same electrical connectors, and can thread into each exhaust bung, they are different sensors (meaning sensor 1 vs sensor 2).

You have an air/ fuel sensor and an O2 sensor per side....

The dash lights being on are normal for most CEL lights.

Thanks for the reply. I found out that I actually replaced the wrong sensors. I was told at Autozone (the ones that read the code)that I needed to replace the downstream sensor and decided to replace both of them. Bank 2 Sensor 1 is an upstream sensor. FYI I replaced the cost of the down stream sensors for about $43/each at RockAuto. I hope I will get better gas mile for the downstream sensor, seeing that the lifespan of a sensor is about 100k. For future reference I will put this link to where each bank is locatedhttp://tlcfaq.com/main/2012/09/oxygen-sensor-o2-part-numbers-and-replacement/

After changing all 4 sensors I still got a check engine after about 20 miles of driving. It is driving me crazy! Does anybody know a link to check the correct resistance of the sensors?

After changing all 4 sensors I still got a check engine after about 20 miles of driving. It is driving me crazy! Does anybody know a link to check the correct resistance of the sensors?
did you ever get this resolved?

Just confirmed this is going on with mine as well..

P0051 with the CEL and the 2 VSC lights on the dash.

Bank 2 sensor 1 looks like passenger side manifold sensor I believe..

Are toyota 02 sensors the way to go here?

Just confirmed this is going on with mine as well..

P0051 with the CEL and the 2 VSC lights on the dash.

Bank 2 sensor 1 looks like passenger side manifold sensor I believe..

Are toyota 02 sensors the way to go here?
I believe the Denso sensors are usually recommended for this one.

I purchased mine from Rock Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom