Events/Trails Eastern Sierra's, Coyote Plateau, Labor Day Weekend 9/1-5 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fish fajitas
chicken dumpling soup for dutch oven night

Was thinking about doing a seafood Carbonara for Italian night and I'll make bacon fried corn for mexican night.

Excellent!!!

Friends, we are forming up to a big group and not all of us know each other so I thought I'd host a pre trip bbq at my place in Escondido this Sunday 8/28 2PM until whenever. We have a pool and it will be warm. I plan to restring my fishing rods and have my kids practice casting sinkers into the yard.

PM me for address and phone number and let me know how many are coming so I can have enough stuff. I'll sponsor burgers and dogs. If you could bring a beverage of choice I'll have some of our Phalcon fridges ready to keep it cold.

Frank

Time for my annual excuse to not make this trip. The last three years I've been hiking at the same time. This year is a mechanical reason. Rig isn't stopping like I need it to. Brake booster is going bad. Need to get that thing in before I do any road trips. Ordered it but I don't know when I'll have time to get it in, don't think it'll happen before this trip.

Time for my annual excuse to not make this trip. The last three years I've been hiking at the same time. This year is a mechanical reason. Rig isn't stopping like I need it to. Brake booster is going bad. Need to get that thing in before I do any road trips. Ordered it but I don't know when I'll have time to get it in, don't think it'll happen before this trip.

Am down to help install that. I owe you one for the help on my truck so let me know.

Frank

Maybe you can park at the hotel and hitch a ride up the mountain? Al joking aside, while I have seen a few folks get a subi up there they generally state never again, too hard on the car.

Frank

I may still be wrenching this Sunday. have a couple last minute things to prep for the trip. Let me know if you need help.

If y'all need anything let me know I still live in Bishop.

Remember the Inyo is in fire restrictions:

Propane stoves and fire pits are allowed with proper California permit.

I'd join ya but I will have plans already.

Sunday night there is a demo derby at the fairgrounds.

This is the weather forcast for Lake Sabtina, which is about 9000 ft so it will be a few degrees cooler up on Coyote Flats.

Got my brake booster out but can’t get the new one in. Been fighting it and trying to puzzle piece it in there for two hours. Giving up for the day. May try later this week after the frustration wears off. Would still have to get everything together for the trip. Not looking good for me on making this one.

Got my brake booster out but can’t get the new one in. Been fighting it and trying to puzzle piece it in there for two hours. Giving up for the day. May try later this week after the frustration wears off. Would still have to get everything together for the trip. Not looking good for me on making this one.
I wish I could help, haven't done that one yet. What part is not lining up?

Frank

Another weather report for Funnel Lake. Our camp spot is usually a bit warmer with little to no wind issues. Funnel Lake Weather Forecast & Temperature: Today - 7 Day - https://www.weatherforyou.com/reports/index.php?pands=funnel+lake%2Ccalifornia

There has been a lot of Monsoonal activity up there so we might bring extra tarps just in case. Also, typically bugs aren't an issue but I am going to bring spray and some of those heated bug repellant things just in case.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom