Welcome New Members (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@benbalito We have a meeting usually the first Tuesday of every month. We normally meet up and eat at Sweet P's downtown Knoxville around 6pm. A lot of the guys have a lot of stuff going on with travel ball, cheerleading, baseball, etc. Looks like the next meeting will be Aug 3rd. The club page hasn't been very active lately. If you want my number, send me a DM and I'll contact you the weekend prior to the meeting. I'm busy with work most of the time and in the process of building a 40 series right now and its in the Hard Core section "Project Lockjaw". It is also on the club page but not updated on here very often.

For those wanting to attend a meeting, there will not be one tonight Aug. 3rd. We are gonna try and meet up on Aug. 10th

Is there a meet tonight?
Sorry for the late reply. No meeting. I think we are planning on having the next meeting Sept 8th which is a Wednesday. Knox County Schools have started back and a lot of the members are busy with school activities. Trying to come up with some ideas of what day of the week is good for a meeting. Throw out some ideas.

Are you planning on having a meeting tomorrow (Sept 8)?

Are you planning on having a meeting tomorrow (Sept 8)?
Looks like it… something was posted over here…

Sorry, just got out of work...looking forward to next month's meeting.

Sorry, just got out of work...looking forward to next month's meeting.
All good, look forward to seeing you next month. Also, trail ride at Windrock weekend of 18th if interested.

Nik

All good, look forward to seeing you next month. Also, trail ride at Windrock weekend of 18th if interested.

Nik
Great, is there some info posted about the Windrock run?

Great, is there some info posted about the Windrock run?
Just via a texting chain. Handful of us headed up Sat the 18th and plan to meet up with the 70 series guys up there. The 70 series meet and greet is posted…I put a comment about heading up there. Should have at least 1ea 40, 2ea 80s and 1ea 100 headed there from Knoxville (maybe missing someone).

Nik

OK, nice. I'm reading up on Windrock now, not familiar with it. I may jump in and join you guys. How gnarly is the trail you're running? Is it a day run or overnight? My cell is 602-741-6467 if you wouldn't mind looping me in.

OK, nice. I'm reading up on Windrock now, not familiar with it. I may jump in and join you guys. How gnarly is the trail you're running? Is it a day run or overnight? My cell is 602-741-6467 if you wouldn't mind looping me in.
From my understanding it is going to be a mild trial ride just for the day. Everyone from the club that are going are local. Windrock is what you make of it, anything from gravel roads to straight up rock crawling and breaking stuff. The 18th will be somewhat mild.

Sounds fun, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and having a good time!

Hello everyone, technically I am a new member to Appalachia Cruisers (even though I have been around for a while now). My name is Blake Sharp and I am the brother of Rance and Wess Sharp. I have a 1979 Fj40 (since 2001), a 1976 Fj40, and a 1983 Fj40.

I am looking for an area mechanic or garage to help with some carburetor work. Also, I am looking forward to re-connecting with the group.

Best regards,
Blake
Currently:
1979 US Toyota fj40 Land Cruiser (pic)
1976 US Toyota fj40 Land Cruiser (pic)
1983 US Toyota fj40 Land Cruiser (project)
1979 US Toyota fj40 Land Cruiser (project)
Another 1979 fj40 Project
2016 Toyota Sequoia
And
Formerly
1977 US Toyota fj55 Land Cruiser
1986 US Toyota fj60 Land Cruiser
1988 US Toyota fj62 Land Cruiser
2002 US Lexus LX 470
2006 US Toyota Land Cruiser
Another 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser
2010 Toyota Land Cruiser
2010 Lexus LX 570
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited

0D6D8AB8-1382-4426-9961-D3CFCD9EDC3B.jpeg

B2D664DA-27B6-4932-8252-0B00BA0DB577.jpeg

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Blake! Welcome (re-welcome) to the club. What kind of carb work are you looking for? Rebuild, tuning, change, etc…?

Nice looking fleet you have there!!!

Nik

Hi Nik, thank you for the reply. I need a mechanic to help me with the timing/tuning of a recently rebuilt factory carb for the 1979 (de-smog). It runs but does not seem to be getting enough fuel.

Last edited:
I can certainly help you (to a point at least). Hit me up in DM and we can figure out when schedules align and I can run by and help you sort…

:beer:

Nik

I can certainly help you (to a point at least). Hit me up in DM and we can figure out when schedules align and I can run by and help you sort…

:beer:

Nik
Thank you Nik! I am going to mess with it on Monday and hopefully get it straightened out. I will let you know if I am successful or not.

Best,
Blake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom