maf connector explained. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a new connector, mine was crumbling. It's been broken and I finally got some new ones. (5 position)

get the white slide thing out with a pick.
IMG_20190408_101636.jpg

then there are two little prongs to lift up and take the outer cover off the connector. Like this
IMG_20190408_101652_1.jpg

then the front cover comes off and you can remove the wires out of your old connector, should be self explanatory. there are little black tabs for each one to bend down and the wire will slide out. either pick or fingernail and they will break if your car has been in the sun forever.

IMG_20190408_101835.jpg

I have extras if anyone wants one, with seals, with terminals, without, blank connector, crimped not crimped etc.

.64 sumitomo 61891046 maf mas airflow connector terminal landcruiser toyota five 5 pin

IMG_20190408_101625.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's a longshot but would you still happen to have one of these in stock that you can spare @jerryb? Mine broke and I have it just connected with a tie wrap around them and holding it together for now. I ran across this thread searching for details on how to unpin this 5 pin connector for when I find a replacement. And really appreciate the details and photos you've provided to the forum.

Please let me know and I can PM you with details. Thanks in advance!

I was able to repair a busted MAF sensor connector on my LX today thanks to @jerryb sending me a replacement Sumitomo connector last week at a fraction of the cost of the OEM Toyota (90980-12292). Mine had broken the latch off and cracked the housing when I removed the intake to do some work a while back. First thing I did was snap a few photos to document which color wire went where in the broken connector.

20220802_193855.jpg

The old connector's front cover of course shattered into a bunch of pieces when I attempted to remove it after removing the locking tab from the side of the connector.

20220802_201104.jpg

I decided to unpin one terminal at a time and insert them into the replacement connector to lessen the chances of crossing terminal positions up. The re-pinning of the wire terminals into the new connector housing went well despite not having much slack to work with. I attempted to do it without cutting back the loom and tape holding the bundle together but definitely would have been easier if one has more wire to work with. After getting the terminals seated in the new connector a simple snap of the front cover and push in on the locking tab completed the pinning job.

20220802_200701.jpg

20220802_200814.jpg

20220802_200818.jpg

Last edited:
Altogether about a 15 minute job and my MAF sensor connector is like new again. It helps to have a good set of mini picks and an unpinning tool like the @NLXTACY Wits End "Prison Shank" to get these tiny terminals unpinned.

20220802_201125.jpg

Much thanks to Jerry for providing the connector super quick and for all his outstanding electrical tech on the forum to help educate wiring dummies like me. Also a hearty shout out to Joey for making the perfect tool to get these tedious jobs done and making this issue a breeze to repair.

20220802_200946.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom