Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm checking in Saturday evening. Black LC with ARB front, dissent rear, and Gamiviti top. Rollong with 2 jeeps 🤔, red ribicon and a rental. There was a another 100 in the group but they hit a curb and dropped out. He can't drive on the streets even though he made through black bear last year 🤣

Is the Silverton CO event still on next week? I have heard conflicting accounts. Thanks
Yup. The unofficial event just like the last two years. I would guess 50+ rigs.

Yup. The unofficial event just like the last two years. I would guess 50+ rigs.
I'll be pulling out of Austin on Tuesday morning. I plan to camp at Valley of Fires Recreation Area near Carrizozo, New Mexico Tuesday night and then into Silverton
mid-day on Wednesday. Safe travels to all and looking forward to seeing everyone in the mountains!

I've already made a trail repair and haven't pulled out of the driveway. Thankfully there are McMaster-Carr clamps.

This is my brother and my rig, were 19, and 17. We will be getting up there around 3 on Tuesday, and leaving mid day on Thursday. Would love to get on pouhkeepsie either Wednesday of Thursday if anybody else is trying to.
i01_dsc_0679-1.jpg

I’m camping with my family at Molas Lake. I’m looking to get them out, but my wife and youngest daughter can’t handle narrow shelf roads. If anyone is running some lower trails or has recommendations I would appreciate it. I will be making it out one morning or two by myself to run some other trails.

Bart

I’m camping with my family at Molas Lake. I’m looking to get them out, but my wife and youngest daughter can’t handle narrow shelf roads. If anyone is running some lower trails or has recommendations I would appreciate it. I will be making it out one morning or two by myself to run some other trails.

Bart
With the family, drive up to Animas Forks from Silverton in the morning and then back to Silverton for lunch and shopping in Silverton. No scary shelf roads there. The drive up to Clear Lake along the South Mineral Creek route is pretty tame too. And the lake is beautiful.

I have no idea what the proper name of “Super Secret” was, but it seemed fairly mild
5C7B5737-D647-4439-B2CE-8281CB5A134E.jpeg

I have no idea what the proper name of “Super Secret” was, but it seemed fairly mild
View attachment 3070704
That route is usually a short add-on at the end of the day for other shorter trails. I have led that route as the afternoon trail after spending the morning and lunch at Clear Lake multiple times. It's not about the difficulty of the trail. It's about the views at the top when you're above tree line and looking to the west.

That route is usually a short add-on at the end of the day for other shorter trails. I have led that route as the afternoon trail after spending the morning and lunch at Clear Lake multiple times. It's not about the difficulty of the trail. It's about the views at the top when you're above tree line and looking to the west.

Understood, we did it 2 years ago prior to Black Bear.

I intended to direct my post towards @Von Hayek , in response to his request for milder non-white knuckle shelf roads. I may be mis-remembering, but any shelf sections seemed “wide” and “comfortable”, with a really nice view.

Understood, we did it 2 years ago prior to Black Bear.

I intended to direct my post towards @Von Hayek , in response to his request for milder non-white knuckle shelf roads. I may be mis-remembering, but any shelf sections seemed “wide” and “comfortable”, with a really nice view.
Got a late start today but thinking of doing black bear today if anyone is interested. Planning to be airing down at the trailhead around 1pm.

According to the weather forecast, it looks like it may be a little damp out there this year…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom