Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stan and HIH crew- T H A N K Y O U. #7-#8 - #9 - ( 9.1 & 9.2)

I’ve met some phenomenal people through attending the HIH experience- and continue many of those friendships.

Thanks for creating the space to make HIH happen in the San Juan’s- one of the most remarkable places to gather in North America.

Forever grateful -

Cheers 🍻

This was going to be my family's first 100s in the Hills. I'm disappointed by its demise, but I certainly understand why. I tip my hat to the gentlemen who kept it going for a very long time.

That said, we are going to be there. My wife, my daughters (13 & 11), and I will be camping at Molas Lake, just south of Silverton, from Wednesday 7/27 through Thursday 8/4. We would be interested in getting together with people for forays on trails and general rabble rousing, and we would love to see others with kids.

Last edited:
This was going to be my family's first 100s in the Hills. I'm disappointed by its demise, but I certainly understand why. I tip my hat the gentleman who kept it going for a very long time.

That said, we are going to be there. My wife, my daughters (13 & 11), and I will be camping at Molas Lake, just south of Silverton, from Wednesday 7/27 through Thursday 8/4. We would be interested in getting together with people for forays on to trails, and general rabble rousing, and we would love to see others with kids.

Meet at the Conoco gas station on 550 at the southern edge of town by 8:30am each morning. That's where we all meetup and decide what trails we will do for the day.
1652069503396.png

Meet at the Conoco gas station on 550 at the southern edge of town by 8:30am each morning. That's where we all meetup and decide what trails we will do for the day.View attachment 3004043
I have my hotel reservations at the gran imperial still for 7/29-31. We'll be camping before but still figuring out logistics. Can't wait to get back!

gut blow. The entire reason I bought my 100 series was from watching the videos from the previous HIH events. I was lucky enough to be able to sign up but covid happened. Kids have been asking each summer about going and are excited about it. I get why, but that doesnt mean Im not disappointed.
There is no reason to not go. We've held an informal event for the last two years and it's been great!. Tons of trucks on lots of trail work. I'll bet there are 40+ rigs in Silverton come the last week of July.

I think I will give some of our favorite restaurants a call once we get 2 weeks away to give them a heads up about an increase in potential customers. I remember Shady Lady ran out of Prime Rib early in the week.

I will be making it out there this year. I was waiting to see if there was an official event, but I will just plan to make it for the posted dates for HIH. I usually camp and I will probably do so again. Hopefully the Campteq pop top will be on by then!

Super bummed to hear of the news. Like some have said, this was going to be my first HIHs too.

Are people still planning to meet up (informally) in Silverton? I see the posts above about folks meeting up, but seems like the thread went cold back in May.

Super bummed to hear of the news. Like some have said, this was going to be my first HIHs too.

Are people still planning to meet up (informally) in Silverton? I see the posts above about folks meeting up, but seems like the thread went cold back in May.
There will be plenty of us in Silverton this year. Reach out to @geanes I think he may be the ringleader 🤠

If you do, hit up guintas garage at the huge quanset hut just as your leaving town towards animas forks— Tony is a great guy and will likely go wheeling with you all

Nothing organized- there will be people cycling in and out of Silverton during the HIH timeframe. Typically meet ups at gas station south of town around 830am

If you plan to run trails with drivers you don’t know or never wheeled with - make sure your truck is in good mechanical shape and rubber is good- brakes and e-brake especially. If you’ve never run 12-13’000 foot shelf roads tell someone so that the group knows to keep an eye on ya. Have a GMRS/FRS handheld radio at minimum so that you can com with others. Most use GMRS now.

Drive Friendly

1658163744737.jpeg

Last edited:
Just seeing this, it’s a bummer but glad I got to be part of it :beer: It’s an amazing place if you’re on the fence about going without an organized event. Sounds pretty much like what we did anyway, minus the evening dinners/events.

Tucker

Just seeing this, it’s a bummer but glad I got to be part of it :beer: It’s an amazing place if you’re on the fence about going without an organized event. Sounds pretty much like what we did anyway, minus the evening dinners/events.

Tucker
We did an organized Happy Hour at The Wyman last year. Let's just say things got a little sideways...:hungover:

Sorry to say it but I may not get any visit to the San Juans this year. I just cancelled my plans to be there the first week in August. Stupid work project has gotten complicated and I can't be out of touch for any length of time. Plus my dog is really sick and I need to be within a couple hours of being able to get to the vet if she needs emergency treatment.

For the last two years, we've headed to the "HIH-X that weren't". I thoroughly enjoyed the escape from the Texas heat, and the change in scenery. My current post-pandemic work schedule (and my son bitching about the same vacation three years in a row), has meant that we're skipping this year. I am missing the trip already, and hope that I can make it next year. I hope everyone has as much fun as we did the past couple of years!

Anybody heading to Silverton from West TX? I've never been to a HIH event and this is the first time I am availble so considering to join with you all.

• Haha
Reactions: jLB
Anybody heading to Silverton from West TX? I've never been to a HIH event and this is the first time I am availble so considering to join with you all.
East TX, and not going this year, so none of your criteria, but highly recommended.

We liked the route through Trinidad on the way up, and the route though Albuquerque on the way home.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom