93-97 80 Series Dual Battery Kit now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Kit, this is very tempting compared to sourcing individual parts. Any thoughts on a blue sea breaker vs a fuse?

Also, 2nd battery choice? group 27 deep cycle?

Nice Kit, this is very tempting compared to sourcing individual parts. Any thoughts on a blue sea breaker vs a fuse?

Also, 2nd battery choice? group 27 deep cycle?
Ahh, i see now, the blue sea breaker would be to feed an accessory fuse panel. Your kit provides everything for the double battery set up.

Man, this looks nice......... I might have to go for it.

Ahh, i see now, the blue sea breaker would be to feed an accessory fuse panel. Your kit provides everything for the double battery set up.

Man, this looks nice......... I might have to go for it.

The kit is really designed around simplicity and the fewest connections/failure points. Adding a run to the back of the rig, or a circuit breaker for the back of the rig is pretty easy. If a circuit breaker was used, you would need another short cable for that. I am not opposed to using circuit breakers, its just not as clean IMO. The marine world has been using fuses exactly like this for decades and it's been proven to be an excellent way to protect the charging circuit. I do like using a circuit breaker for an accessory run to the rear of the truck, especially because its easier to power down than a fuse.

As far as the second battery, group 24 or 27 should be fine depending on your needs. Just make sure the positive terminal is towards the middle of the truck and the negative is near the fender.

Last edited:
The kit is really designed around simplicity and the fewest connections/failure points. Adding a run to the back of the rig, or a circuit breaker for the back of the rig is pretty easy. If a circuit breaker was used, you would need another short cable for that. I am not opposed to using circuit breakers, its just not as clean IMO. The marine world has been using fuses exactly like this for decades and it's been proven to be an excellent way to protect the charging circuit. I do like using a circuit breaker for an accessory run to the rear of the truck, especially because its easier to power down than a fuse.

As far as the second battery, group 24 or 27 should be fine depending on your needs. Just make sure the positive terminal is towards the middle of the truck and the negative is near the fender.
Thanks, I see multiple grounds in the kit. Does one go to the block on the passenger side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom