1fz-fe short block anywhere?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a rebuilt from The Engine Forge, super happy so far with the engine. The one challenge we had was locating a new oil pickup tube, only one I was able to find was out of Thailand. I didn't want to wait the 60+ days to receive it so I tried a tube out of UAE which I received in 10 days, problem is the tube was for a 2004 1FZ-FE and the flange was the incorrect size so we ended up soaking the original tube in brake clean and using toothpicks and brushes to make sure it was completely clean with no left over particles from my original engine. I know they have at least one 1FZ-FE block available because I returned my core to them.

I have a spare short block from when I replaced my HG. Lower was fine, but at 250k I wasn’t going to just slap in a new head gasket and move on. And the cost to rebuild right wasn’t that much less than a new factory short block, so I have an extra if you’re local in SoCal. PM me.

Ordered a short block from Olathe last night. They called me today to let me know they think it will be 4-6 weeks to Denver. I was thinking they would say 4-6 months.

Ordered a short block from Olathe last night. They called me today to let me know they think it will be 4-6 weeks to Denver. I was thinking they would say 4-6 months.

Lithia Toyota in Medford, OR has one in stock. 1 in transit to the US. Zero in the US currently.

6CBAF13E-4B93-4EE4-9F60-7B050AAA7397.jpeg

2AD69749-31A7-4236-AE03-2167EF81E798.jpeg

Just got a notification my Short Block is shipping out of Kansas today!!!
To the haters, including myself who expected this to take 6 months to ship :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Funny I came across this, I actually called about two months ago to see if I could order that short block but Joey has already spoken for it and now it no longer shows available.
When I was told repeatedly for nearly a year that there were none available in the system, I finally convinced my local dealer parts guy to make a call to someone after explaining that per this thread, blocks were going out to customers over that period. I now have a block on order, worst case is it got built and put on a boat for an 8 week journey, best case is they put it on a plane and it is almost here a few weeks after the order was placed. The parts guy didn't know which it would be at the time it was ordered, and I had the option to call back and find out, but I'm just happy it's on the way so I haven't bothered to ask.

Point is, they can be ordered, no matter what the system says.

Just order it. There are 0 in the US currently which means they are being manufactured JIT.

View attachment 3311425
Beno,
I’m going to talk to my local dealer again and see if they can order me one. When they order the short block are they “requesting” a block? I’ve asked them before and was told there aren’t any available. 🙄 I see your username has a short block part number but earlier in this post you stated to order 11400-66041. I see both part numbers have different prices, is part number (11400-17190) the older short block no longer available and has been replaced by 11400-66041?

Also, I see you also have a head assembly on that screenshot. Are those still available as well? Thanks.

-Scott

Last edited:
I just ordered the block threw Long Toyota , They came pretty close to Olathe when shipping and all other taxes and such. They wanted the vin but as mine was a 1996 lx450 it would not except it. All the people who know says its the same engine...........I'm putting my trust In you .It will be fine. I am at 292000 and plan on driving this thing for a long time ...we hope.................................Thank you all for the information

Hey all,

Looking for an update on the most current order of a new short block assembly. How’d it go? Where did you order yours from? I’ve had a similar back and forth with my local Toyota dealership. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

Hey all,

Looking for an update on the most current order of a new short block assembly. How’d it go? Where did you order yours from? I’ve had a similar back and forth with my local Toyota dealership. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

I just ordered through the local dealer and when it came in they called me.

I found success ordering through Olathe, Toyota in Kansas who then shipped it to my house in the Denver area about 6 months ago. I got lucky and it took only 1 month to receive

FYI only. Mesa, Arizona.

IMG_3647.png

Hey all,

Thanks,
Justin
I had a machine shop go through the block, install oil busing thingy, and polish the crank.
It was about $800. Block would have been cheaper had I not left it outside.

I bought new oem pistons, rings, bearings (rod and crank). Original rods were fine.
It takes a lot more time but quite a bit cheaper.

I’ve seen a new short block in person. It’s pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom