Seat repair (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2000 100 series and I’m finally ready to splurge for seats. I’ve never dealt with an upholstery shop or anything like that and I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction of leather quality and things and questions I should ask the shops. Thanks in advance!

Search is your friend dude.

Search is your friend dude.

Not looking for seat covers

Not looking for seat covers
Before you just blow it off, the term "seat covers" here is misleading.

The product replaces the actual leather of the seat in that you would need to pull off the leather, cut off the hog rings, etc. and strip the seats down to the foam, removing the leather "seat covers"...and then replace them with new leather "seat covers" (hence why they are called "replacement" seat covers...in that they replace the seat covers that came from the factory originally, not just canvas slipcovers to hide torn seats)

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I think that is what you were looking for?
This is just a complete product where someone has already taken the time to figure out the dimensions of the leather covers, rather than just sending your seats off to an upholstery shop to try to recreate from scratch.

As someone who did auto upholstery for quite some time I'd recommend taking it to a shop and just having the bad sections replaced with new leather/vinyl. You likely don't need the entire seat cover replaced but without seeing pics I can't be sure.

Before you just blow it off, the term "seat covers" here is misleading.

The product replaces the actual leather of the seat in that you would need to pull off the leather, cut off the hog rings, etc. and strip the seats down to the foam, removing the leather "seat covers"...and then replace them with new leather "seat covers" (hence why they are called "replacement" seat covers...in that they replace the seat covers that came from the factory originally, not just canvas slipcovers to hide torn seats)

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I think that is what you were looking for?
This is just a complete product where someone has already taken the time to figure out the dimensions of the leather covers, rather than just sending your seats off to an upholstery shop to try to recreate from scratch.
Yeah I’ve been to about 10 different places some that offer seat cover some that will replace the bad parts . I’m really just trying to see what the best course of action is. I know what seat covers are they just don’t seem like the best option in my opinion but I have 0 experience with this.

As someone who did auto upholstery for quite some time I'd recommend taking it to a shop and just having the bad sections replaced with new leather/vinyl. You likely don't need the entire seat cover replaced but without seeing pics I can't be sure.

25A77CD8-AC18-4E5F-B126-88E7E41965A3.jpeg

0CCC79F6-BCE9-4A8C-8EED-603434F091EC.jpeg

06F8EBAE-FA45-43E4-80DC-85F5CE3C7FF2.jpeg

DB4057DA-D877-42F8-A5D6-ABD4D6F29E87.jpeg

Those are pretty far gone. Order up some new covers and have them installed or do it yourself if you're handy. It's not rocket surgery.

Yeah I’ve been to about 10 different places some that offer seat cover some that will replace the bad parts . I’m really just trying to see what the best course of action is. I know what seat covers are they just don’t seem like the best option in my opinion but I have 0 experience with this.
If you have followed the seat thread here, you will see that there are various vendors of replacement leather seat covers. They are generally factory fit and replace the leather, not cover it. You want a “replacement seat cover”, not a seat cover. It will cost 5-700 for leather plus install if buying a prefabricated leather kit.
Below are the major four. Most here have recently been going with ridies due to the abundance of options. The key to a good fit is proper steaming of the cushion (to expand the foam from its compressed state) and then the leather to shrink it over the foam.

Land cruiser heaven$$$
Ridies$$
Lseat$$
Oem$$$$

I used and was very happy with a roadwire kit back the first time I did this on an lc, and grabbed an oem for my lx

Another option from @FJ60Cam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom