Lowest profile hard shell RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
I’m in need of a low profile hard shell RTT.
Particularly interested in the lowest profile to enable me to access my work parking garage
Based on my vehicle height- would need something under 9 inches.

appreciate responses from folks that have reviewed these and hopefully have used the recommended RTT.

Cheers.

The GFC Platform Roof Top Tent (RTT) is the thinnest RTT ever made at only 6" thick when closed, but has a towering 4 feet of interior room when deployed. Weighing it at only 150 pounds for the 90" version, our metal and composite construction has market leading durability without sacrificing weight.

You might also look at the Camp King or the Roofnest Falcon.

How much are you set on a RTT? The thing to keep in mind with a skinny tent is that you've lost your gear storage space inside. My Alu Cab stores bedding and clothing, freeing up valuable cab space. I might suggest you also consider something like an OZTent. Keep the rack clean for daily use and load it up for deployment.

Check these guys out. Not quite in production but I've seen @smittycrusher s prototype and if I was going to get a RTT, this would be the one. Extremely low profile and very nice!

Check these guys out. Not quite in production but I've seen @smittycrusher s prototype and if I was going to get a RTT, this would be the one. Extremely low profile and very nice!

I do love my Terrapod Prototype. The production model looks even better. Mine is less than 6" off my roof line when closed and weighs about 112lbs (closed height is right around 5”). Low profile AND light weight!!! I believe the production model will be even lighter. With using the Exped mat inside, I can still store my blankets without issue.

Smitty

57DCB23C-7804-46E3-A94C-2C6E4E3B602B.jpeg

49C92F84-C567-4C11-A237-D268E79760CE.jpeg

Here is a thread from last year with more information on my tent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom